Oblivion elder scrolls, running it on max settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
ok i got this game today and theres shed loads of graphics settings(the most ive seen in any game) now my rig can only run it on medium without lagging and thats with some things turned off aswell like character shadows, grass shadows etc.
I was wondering what is holding me back? would a faster processor allow me to max everything out and still have smooth gameplay? i think my GPU is up to the job anyway its just having a processor to keep up with it, am i right?

Right i just clicked on the "ultra settings" option and it changed everything automatically, then i went onto the game with fraps loaded and im getting a solid 60FPS, it doesnt drop very often but its still abit jumpy sometimes like ill be running forwards and it will skip for a split second.
I dont know what that is since my FPS are as high as 60?

Ive download a patch which i assume is the lastest, when i start the game up it says 1.2.0416 in the bottom left corner

well i wouldnt be so sure because ive almost got all the settings maxed out and im getting 60fps, and thats on my 2 year old rig

Ive also added this into the "upgrading high spec pcs" section

Yo man chek my sig my system is a couple of steps above yours, and i cant even play it on max, when i do i get a solid fps until i go outdoors which i assume even an 8800 wouldnt get past 60 fps

This game has to be the ultimate performance test, im presuming you have HDR on, right ?, because thats the real performance killer....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom