Oblivion doesn't recognize card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexaroni said:
Try downloading the patch. It may help.

Still, the readme says that the 6800 is supported, and so is the 7800. No clue as to why the 7600 isn't.

As I said 7800 and 6800 were released much earlier than 7600. 7600, 7900 and 8800 are not listed in the readme of oblivion, but does this mean that 7600, 7900 and 8800 are not supported. of course no

DarkMortar said:
drivers are perfectly fine, all my other games run fabulosly, but readme in oblivion does not list the card in supported.

i know memory aint big deal, thats why i did not buy the 512mb one. but with 256mb that means more room for better textures!!!

Did you remove the old drivers?

It will be supported, A Common card like that and a very popu;lar game, Nvidia would make sure its compatible or they would have loss of sales.

The Difference between many cards between 256MB and 512MB is normally at the most about 3 FPS more on average, The only big difference is between 128MB and 256MB, thanks to the law of diminishing returns the higher you go up the less improvement is amde :p.

Thanks, 7600GT is Mid-range card , so dont expect great performance and better textures on oblivion.

no when i started the launcher it actually said "Unrecognized video chipset, defaulting to normal" something of that nature. HDR is too slow and not worth it, i just like bloom. i use large texture size of course as i did with radeon, but i am happy because its a lot faster and smooother. indoor used to be kinda slow, but now its acutally faster than outdoor, i remember before it was weird, my outdoor was faster than indoor, but that was because i still turn grass off.

i played and do play at 1280*1024 because of native res, on 'large' texture size with grasss turn off, init shadows off, and speculator all the way down. water on high, blood high, bloom on, and max distance. it runs pretty good, but i kinda wanted even better texture, i mean they are still good, but i wanted even better!

i didnt but the 512MB version of 7600gs because its slower than the 256Mb one and its stupid.

i can run battlefield 2 with everything on HIGH now with this card, dont know about AA, but i dont need it. css improved a lot also.

gah my agp comp is getting old, old, old.

ooo, this is interesting

i have HDR on, resolution at 1128x1024, and EVERYTHING at top with 1gb of DDR400 RAM and a 7800GT. i still get about 50fps....

the games texture are limited to what they actually have. oblivion's textures are ok but not great. there is a mod out the that replaces the default textures with photorealistic ones and only drops fps by about 3. if you can find it then go ahead and try it out. but oblivion is still a great game. I have Geforce 7900 and it taxes it, so dont expect to max out the game. Oblivion is one of the most complex pc games around and a mid range 7600 will only get you medium settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom