Oblivion Discussion (expect spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the game is probably the most DEMANDING game ever in terms of hardware requirements...i have it set on ultra high(recemmonded settings) with no HDR and 2x AA and it still goes below 30 FPS sometimes. supposebly nvidia is supposed to release a new driver only for Oblivion 2morrow. maybe it will resolve some issues.

any way Yeah I dont think Im going to buy Oblivion...MMORPG arent really my style...

It's not an MMORPG........that stands for "Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game" doesnt it? This doesnt have multiplayer at all.

Also I hear it's vastly different ( and better from morrowind )

I'm not a huge fan of RPGs but man I want this game. I want to swing my sword and KILL stuff :D

I really wish they'd make an "Arthurs castle" kind of game. Basically you're a knight and you save the kingdom, take over other kingdoms, etc..etc...and it's all HUMANS...no demons, no magic...just you, a shield, a broadsword or an axe or something, maybe crossbows......I think they had them at the time........good graphics, good gameplay, good story, and lots of bloody fights :D

Now THAT would be an awesome game........::sigh:: of course such a game will never exist.

My friend told me "Dont show your face at the LAN this friday if you dont have Oblivion" :p hahaha

the game is probably the most DEMANDING game ever in terms of hardware requirements...i have it set on ultra high(recemmonded settings) with no HDR and 2x AA and it still goes below 30 FPS sometimes. supposebly nvidia is supposed to release a new driver only for Oblivion 2morrow. maybe it will resolve some issues.
Dang......I knew it'd be pretty hefty and all, but I thought I'd still have a chance at pretty high settings....of course "ULTRA HIGH" is just that......ridiculously high lol. No doubt it'll still look good for me, so I'll just have to deal. Opty 165 should be here tomorrow and I here this game DOES make use of multithreads, so if I clock that sombeotch up high, hopefully it'll help out :D

hmmmm do you all think my specs should be able to play it on high or medium without too much lag and i haven't tried OC my card or cpu yet so i can get some more power out of it

My friend w/ a 3500+ 1gig of ram and an X850XT plays it on ultra high. No doubt i should be able to own it. Im actualy going to buy this game. It has all kinds of crazyness that i wanna be able to do. You can interact w/ virtualy everythng in the game and whatnot. Did anybody DL the preview videos and see what you can do? Its amazing. Also, its gonna be so different from Morrowind and ive only seen the vids. I should head over to my friends house tomorrow and play it!

I wonder if ATI's like of SM3 has anything to do with that.
yeah no different that people with FX cards or even earlier GPUs being able to play HL2...they were playing in directx8 mode so the rendering wouldn't be as difficult although you'd lose a lot of eye candy...x850xt would be rendering in directx9b mode so it wouldn't have to deal with rendering stuff like HDR which would result in smoother framerates but at the same time you wouldn't be showing the true potential of the engine

gonna buy this game tomorow hopefully...gotta format this crap tonight and reinstall windows

So far on my setup Ive been getting about 30-50 fps indoors and in towns. Wilderness on the other hand is a whole new ball game. Getting in the grass slows me down to about 15 fps. The game is definitely a monster hog. I'm only running my GPU at 425/1100. I seem to get artifacting anywhere from 430 on. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom