oblivion chances of running on my pc??

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i want to get the upcomming morrowind oblivion but im not sure if its gonna run on my computer i will have a gig of memory before i get it not 512, and... i mean on some decent graphical settings. or am i gonna hav to get like a 6800gt 256mb running on 2gigs of system memory

Okay, first of all, its called Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, not morrowind oblivion.

Thats aside lol, there is no real way to answer. Bethesda hasnt released any official requirements, but in an interview, a Bethesda guy said that the game will leverage the latest hardware, but the devs were also trying real hard to get the game to run on a wide variety of hardware.

Definitly get a gig of RAM, and that should be sufficent for decent graphics. Your video card and processor should be fine as well. Dont expect to play the game on highest settings, as it just wont. Look at the screenies, and you'll get an idea of the power they require. If the game is a hog like BF2 or FEAR, you can get an idea of what the game will require. However, i have more faith in Bethesda than I do in EA. I think you'll be fine.

I think you'll be fine for medium settings, maybe with some settings set on high.

I'm also dying for this game, cant wait for it!

yea well with a gig of memory i can run bf2 fully maxed out all on hi 2 x aa 1152/864, so if you think this games just as hard to run as bf2 then i guess im good ::knocks on wood::: but these graphics look to be the toughest out there so this could be a 6800gt game lol to max out anyways, but thanks man i cant wait to play this game also and sorry about gettin the name wrong its long lol

You wanna max it out? Buy a 7800 GTX, as I doubt that a 6800 GT could do the trick.

As for me, Im betting i can run it on medium-high, maybe even high without a problem.

And as I said, Bethesda hasnt released minimum and recommended specs, or a demo, so we'll have to wait

Luckily for me, Oblivion's release date is about the same time as I'll be buying a new pc. Now I have every excuse to max it out :)

i've only got 512Mb RAM at the mo, and morrowind runs fine. hope i won't need to upgrade much when oblivion comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom