NVIDIA Drivers.

velnellis

Beta member
Hey all, i have really big problem that i cant solve by myself.
As you know now nvidia geforce drivers are really bad and they downgrade fps.
I tried install 411 drivers 398 and older version of 417 driver.
The drivers seems to show really good performance of gameplay are really better then with a new driver of nvidia.
But the driver works not more then a 10 minutes after this time the computer dont recognize driver or something.. Because then i try to open a game it says your video card dont support game.
Before installing a driver i used DDU. I tried restarting pc many time. i used clean installation of driver.
I really need help because on game like rust i have like 20fps on lowest settings i know my pc should perform better.
My computer is: Lenovo legion i7770hq 1060gtx 6gb 8gb of ram and 2tb hdd and 120 ssd.

You will have something else going on and it won't be driver related. They also don't decrease performance, but if we were to believe the conspiracy theorists your card would be too new for that anyways.

When was the last time you've properly cleaned out your laptop? Sounds to me like something is overheating and thermal throttling.

My pc is like 2 months old so i dont think i need to clean it now, and iam using fan panel under my laptop to protect it for overheat. also iam using throtle stop software.
thats really strange for me too because my gpu is not that old for this problem

If it's overheating for any such reason throttle stop can be doing more damage than good. Laptops get toasty by nature and no laptop cooler will keep the chips running max speed once they reach the thermal limit to reduce boost clocks. If throttle stop is preventing your CPU and GPU from reducing boost clocks to reduce temps you can damage the hardware and that will also cause the issue you're experiencing. That is, if Throttle Stop is actually doing anything because I haven't been able to get it to work on any laptop I own.

I started using throttle stop few days ago, and i have better experience then before. on my laptop i using cooling pad. and temperature of cpu is normal as usual

Back
Top Bottom