Nvidia Or Ati For Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

werewolfpack

Baseband Member
Again im in a dilema for my new pc im going to build!!!! which one is better. I personally lean toward nvidia but im open minded and want some feedback on this topic.

With the latest series of graphics cards (ATI X800 vs. NVidia 6800), you will definately want Nvidia. The third top card in the 6800 series owns the highest card in the ATI X800 series. Plus, there are many problems with the drivers for the X800 that will cause tremendous lag in DX9 games such as FarCry and Doom 3. The X800 does great in DX8 games though. Also, the 6800 has Pixel Shader 3.0 support, as the X800 series does not. In this war, Nvidia is the clear winner. Go with the GeForce 6800 GT.

Depends......do you have atleast one PCI slot to spare for a 6800 Ultra? Do you have a name brand PSU that is atleast 400watts?

Do you plan on upgrading again within a year or so?

Which do you like most Doom3 or HL2?:p

If you answered "No" to the first question then the X800 is better.......

If you answered no to the thir question then the 6800 is better.......

If you like Doom3 then Nvidia, if you like HL2 then Ati;) :)

im going with nvidia i have an old nvidia geforce 4 mx and its ok. Also i havent decided the other compents to my computer yet im going to decide those after i get the processor and graphics card

Go for the 6800...that is what i say. I love mine. Although you really wont be making a mistake with either. Beedub and my system are sorta the same (his a little better) and we can fly through games with awesome quality :D AMD!! AMD!! AMD!!

ATi Radeon X800 XT PE destroys the 6800 Ultra. If you can't afford it, then :sigh: go with nVidia.

Both ATI and Nvidia are about neck to neck. I dont really have a preferance. I guess to me it is the best bang for the buck.

Legion2005 said:
Both ATI and Nvidia are about neck to neck. I dont really have a preferance. I guess to me it is the best bang for the buck.

Which is definately Nvidia. The only X800 that is any good is the XT P.E., and it is way too expensive for most people. ATI charges way to much for the X800 Pro which has cruddy performance compared to the similar priced 6800 GT. Honestly, I will never go with another ATI card, from now on it will be only Nvidia for me.

I think it all depends on the time you are talking about... ATI has some good deals. I think the 9800 pro is a decent card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom