No DirectX 9 in BF3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, 285 is DX10. Even the 8000 series cards are DX10. And just because the card is almost two and a half years old, it doesn't make it dated. It still maxes anything that comes out that isn't optimized like poo. I don't call that dated.

Well I'm not a huge gamer and my system I guess is getting dated LOL I'm still running a 9550 quad 775 with a GTX 285 so I can't even use DX 10..... Guess at least a new video card is in order, **** this one cost $365 when I got it. HMMMM how to get some money together LOL Trying to buy a house so maybe I can sneak it into my mortgage LOL
Your machine should still be beast for most games out now (especially all these console ports). I wouldn't fret over new hardware yet.

I agree with you guys...it is time to move on.

Unfortunately I dont see a huge increase in eye-candy or performance for DX10

The only games that I would still play in DX9 would be games by Valve (HL2, TF2, L4D and such.)

Can't wait to try BF3 on max settings (only have a Geforce 460 which is in the optimal requirements, but I will still probably have to tone down the game.)

I don't like the sounds of this. Maybe I am wrong but this is how I see it. As of now almost all games are built on dx9 with implementation of dx10 or dx11. So if you like me have a modest card (gtx260 core 216) you can play them well. But as dx10 has proven a dx10 capable card that tears through dx9 content can be brought to it's knees with dx10. So obviously to allow only the use of dx10 or newer cards BF3 is based on dx10 with dx11 implemented. This means that users with cards such as 260, 275, 280 can most likely expect poor performance. When you look at games like the witcher2 (100% dx9) it makes me wonder why they would leave millions of gamers out in the cold unless they spend several hundred dollars on an upgrade.

Sometimes devs have to take one for the team and move on. Graphics capabilities in PC games (not console ported to PC) have been held back due to being stuck on DX9 for so long. Most of that reason being the consoles themselves. This is only the normal step forward to begin the advancement of graphics in REAL games.

Yea I can't argue with your logic, just hoping I won't need a new card for bf3 when I can still max every other game.

Being an owner of a 260's I can say maxing EVERY game is extreme hard.. Even with SLI. I will be upgrading to a 560ti before BF3 as I want DX11. A 260 should be fine on lower settings.

Thomas, you have to remember that the 260 is 3 generations ago. Definitely time to move away from DX9.. I feel it was time a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom