No-cd Software (not illegal cracks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand, at gameburnworld when I d/l a no cd patch I ethier get an erro message or something comes up that says it cannot find game resources. It does it for 3 different game cracks???

Alcohol 120% works pretty well, if you have a legal copy... but then you got to make images of each of the discs to your HD, which shouldn't be much of a problem if you've got over a 200GB drive

No cd cracks are legal as long as you are the rightful owner of the software, regardless what software companies say.

Alcohol 120% works pretty well, if you have a legal copy... but then you got to make images of each of the discs to your HD, which shouldn't be much of a problem if you've got over a 200GB drive

Actually, you only need to make and mount an image of any disk(s) you need to play.

For BF2 and Special Forces, you normally have to have one of the install disk in the drive. So, I have mounted an image of one disk from each... no more having to hunt up or swap disks.

No cd cracks are legal as long as you are the rightful owner of the software, regardless what software companies say.

The main dangers with cracks are getting more than you bargained for (malware), and sometimes stability (all cracks are not created equal).

If ypu lose the cd or dvd but you still have proof of purchase it is still legal to use the crack aslong as it is used in conjunction with the installer found on the cd which you have bought. So if your house gets raided for pirating software just hand them a bunch of receipts and they cant do a thing :D.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom