NO any good RPGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baldur's Gate 2 is the best computer RPG of all time! The complicated and interesting plot, the deep character development as the story unfolds, the option of fully controlling all six characters in your party, the D&D setting.... it's all excellent.

Jon Irenicus is by far the coolest villain ever created.

Howeber, BG2 is a classic and you might find its graphics lacking nowadays (a good RPG is never supposed to be about graphics, but people tend to forget that).

If you look something more modern, I enjoyed the KotOR series a lot. Specially KotOR 2 - some parts reminded me of the greatness once reached by BG2.

Neverwiner Nights (both games) also deserve a mention. I found, however, NWN1 a bit boring, but the expansion (Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark) are excellent. NWN2 I have not finished yet, but seems to promise good things. It is rather heavy tech-wise, so you'll need a decent computer.

majistic said:
MMORPG is the only way to go, and you know what i'm going to say, World of Warcraft.

hahahah.. yea. right.

Don't even think of getting that piece of ****.. lol WoW.. hahaha

----------

And yes. If you never played BG2. You should. Those are great games.... I played this game a countless times... Great game.

thats a bit harsh innit, why not let the guy decide what he thinks of it himself, i stand unbiased, i havent played it =D

Seriously, if you're going to consider a MMORG consider DaoC.
In my opinion, it's a ton better than WoW, better graphics more in depth character variables, better RvR and certainly better end level career.
(however WoW does have a better communications system) but that hardly makes up for the rest of what DaoC offers.

Same with most mmorg - you can get "first few weeks free" trial, and see if you like.
But careful, you will get addicted. :)

If you do decide to play Camelot - go Midgard ~ Merlin Server ,and look for an member of Archangel guild and tell them you're loooking for Krow.
I'll help you out.
Check some screenshots here: Dark Age of Camelot

krow8oe.jpg

Z3N said:
Seriously, if you're going to consider a MMORG consider DaoC.
In my opinion, it's a ton better than WoW, better graphics more in depth character variables, better RvR and certainly better end level career.
(however WoW does have a better communications system) but that hardly makes up for the rest of what DaoC offers.

Same with most mmorg - you can get "first few weeks free" trial, and see if you like.
But careful, you will get addicted. :)

If you do decide to play Camelot - go Midgard ~ Merlin Server ,and look for an member of Archangel guild and tell them you're loooking for Krow.
I'll help you out.
Check some screenshots here: Dark Age of Camelot

krow8oe.jpg

with DaoC can you kill others? or is it a "im hacking a tree o gain XP" kinda game =P

Infernicus said:
with DaoC can you kill others? or is it a "im hacking a tree o gain XP" kinda game =P

There is MASSIVE player vs player.
When you start you select a realm:

ALBION:
albselect2xu.jpg

HIBERNIA:
hibselect8sa.jpg

MIDGARD:
midselect8in.jpg

WOOT !! Go the MIDS... ;)

All three realms are at constant war with each other.

You can catapult and trebuchet holes in castle walls to take over and raid entire enemy keeps... and then claim them as your own..:D

The RvR/PvP (Realm vs Realm or Player vs Player) is easily the best out there of it's kind.

But you don't have to, there are enough "homelands" to explore and adventure to keep you busy for a few years. The lands are so vast it's amazing.

Z3N said:
There is MASSIVE player vs player.
When you start you select a realm:

ALBION:
albselect2xu.jpg

HIBERNIA:
hibselect8sa.jpg

MIDGARD:
midselect8in.jpg

WOOT !! Go the MIDS... ;)

All three realms are at constant war with each other.

You can catapult and trebuchet holes in castle walls to take over and raid entire enemy keeps... and then claim them as your own..:D

The RvR/PvP (Realm vs Realm or Player vs Player) is easily the best out there of it's kind.

But you don't have to, there are enough "homelands" to explore and adventure to keep you busy for a few years. The lands are so vast it's amazing.

sounds sweet

i think i might give it a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom