nhl 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavishingRocket

In Runtime
i just bought a logitech dual action controller and was wondering how i get to play using the d-pad instead of the analong stick. any way? thanks

Sorry i only have NHL 04 for PS2, but I did have NHL 02 for PC and I just switched it over in the control settings, but I dont know if NHL 04 is differnt in any way.

well i just downloaded the newest drivers for the controller and now theres an option to swap the left joystick with the d-pad. but it is a global setting tho.....as i only want to swap them on certain games....anyway on doing this other than going into control panel each time i play a game? i tried using the profiler, but cant seem to get it workin rite

Link for you

Here is a link to another forum post that has a couple download links for you to get your controller working. I used them for the same game and it works great.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/CA/EN,CRID=1784,contentid=7307

http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/Patches/beta/430DriverUpdater.exe

That's right, there's a driver update available that will let you swap the functionality of the digital pad and the left analog stick. So now you can control your skating direction with the digital pad, just like the old days, and still call quick plays, now using the analog stick. I just tried it out and it works great!

You'll need two things. First, the latest Logitech Gaming Software (version 4.30), which you can get here:

Logitech Gaming Software

Install that first. Now, download the following (small) file:

Driver Update

Run that one, extracting the files somewhere you can find easily later. Tell it to upgrade your driver. Now, locate the place where you extracted the files. Navigate to the folder "430DriverUpdater\Both" and double-click DualActionCfg.exe. Now just check the "Swap" option, click Apply and feel free to close the program. That's it. If you want to easily swap back for different games, you can move this program to your desktop or some other convenient place and it will work fine from there too.

This apparently isn't a new utility, but I just discovered it today. I've been getting back in to NHL 2004 lately, but have still had issues with finding my "control nirvana". I have a decade of experience with using a digital pad to control hockey games, so that's tough to get away from. I tried a Saitek P880, which allows you to swap the sticks like the old Logitech controllers, but the button layout of that thing was just too different and not friendly for NHL 2004. Now, my Dual Action is the perfect controller again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom