newbie need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and i tried looking on Dells website and searched for the model listed in that screenshot but it didnt come up with anything, can you post up the link of the pc you bought from them? and it should say in the specs what psu it has, if not then i could find out.

Although if this is new from dell i cant imagine they would supply a pc with an under powered psu......

hey mr. johnny_uk, are you mocking my choice of game? what might i ask is wrong with crime scene investigation? hmmmm?
by day i go to work like everyone else, by night i'm solving high tech crimes in las vegas ;o)

i'm glad my pc is ok, i was abit worried that i had spent my money on crap.... i am downloading torrent files which appears to be slowing my internet connection, but i paused all my downloads when i put the game on and it was still sticking.

mocking the game? i just never heard of csi thats all, keep your hair on lol But i checked on google agian and found out its actually a game of the tv series:)
And yes having torrents downloading will slow the internet down ALOT, even websites take twice as long to load if i have torrents running.

Check your pm's by the way ;)

not sure if this will work but i think this is the link to my pc:
http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...925b&rbc=D03925b&s=dhs&sbc=ukdhsftdppdesktop1

does this help?
pic3.jpg

Okay, "she" ;) I suggest going ahead and installing Fable and see what you get. It could be your CSI game is corrupted so let's see how Fable plays out.

You by no means got crap for your money. That is a nice set-up and as jonny_uk said it certainly will play every game out there.

I would certainly do a full reinstall when it prompts you. You mentioned you've "had nothingbut headaches" since getting this PC. What other headaches have you had with it?

Do you know what drivers you have currently installed with your video card? i was over at the AnandTech boards and people are having fits with the nVidia 101.x drivers and Vista when gaming.

Edit: 375 watt power supply throws red flags up for me.

she has 375 watt psu then chaps, that should be ok shouldnt it? should be enough steam to run everything she has in the pc, especially as its brand new from dell.
Im scratching my head here, nothing she has posted has cause for concern.

GoodNews101 said:
Okay, "she" ;) I suggest going ahead and installing Fable and see what you get. It could be your CSI game is corrupted so let's see how Fable plays out.

You by no means got crap for your money. That is a nice set-up and as jonny_uk said it certainly will play every game out there.

I would certainly do a full reinstall when it prompts you. You mentioned you've "had nothingbut headaches" since getting this PC. What other headaches have you had with it?

Do you know what drivers you have currently installed with your video card? i was over at the AnandTech boards and people are having fits with the nVidia 101.x drivers and Vista when gaming.

Yeah but for what shes running that should be enough, i dont think dell would supply a pc with a psu that isnt capable of running what they installed :rolleyes:

GoodNews101 said:

drivers? *vacant blank look*
red flags? 375 watt? *even blanker look*

please talk to me like i'm compleatly stupid cos i am lol

Background processes. Dell likes to push Norton, and Norton is a huge resource hog.

Click Start, Run, type in MSCONFIG, hit OK. Click the Sartup tab. Uncheck everything (this will turn off your anti-virus, firewall, and everything else that may be running in the background). Click Apply, OK. Reboot. Once your rig comes back up, click the "Don't show this" box and hit OK in the big grey box. Try to run your game.

Be sure to go back and recheck your anti-virus and stuff you actually need when you finish playing and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom