New Wolfenstein demo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got two gems so far. It's so odd how in this game you go from using old guns from WW2 days and then bam you got this gun straight out of Unreal Tournament series. LOL

My biggest problem is the multiplayer. Before when I got the game I was comparing the MP to Cod2 MP and when I played wolf online it didn't live up to my expectations. Its very choppy and fire fights boil down the strafing left and right whilst spraying (accuracy is moot since the guns are so inaccurate on their own). It could be I haven't played it enough though.

The SP is amazing. I REALLY love it. My friends describe it as something that would be VERY cliche for the mid to late '90s, but in '09 its just breath of fresh air. It plays pretty darn close to the classic FPS style, and feels and handles amazingly.

Its a rare sight, but if you ever see the effects of a grenade on a nazi you'll notice his clothes and flesh being blown off. Its pretty intense.

to be fair, the original game came out in the early 90s. So its pretty much supposed to be like that.

It's a pretty good game. The graphics are a bit crap considering how new the game it, but they're not too bad. The gore and fires look nice i guess.

This is a good old fashioned FPS with lots of shooting crazy weapons blood and guts and lots and lots of Nazi's :) If i could describe this game it would be: CoD2 gone mad with an 18certificate and physics.

And the occasional Nazi-ghost-shard-wielding-woman.. yes it has some crazy enemy which can be a real pain in the a$$ (they're invisible, slash you in the back and dissapear)

The physics are good, Good ol' Havok :D nice explosions etc. The concept is nice too, having special powers which are useful, and the weapon upgrades are really good. But i'm lame and cant be bothered to search every level for all the gold, so i used a money cheat and upgraded all my weapons to the max.

But yeh, if you just want to have fun shooting at lots of crap then get this. If you want an accurate retelling of WW2, sophisticated story and stunning graphics.. stear clear. I couldn't actually tell you what the plot is, so it must be crap if i havn't figured it out. I just get missions ASAP and shoot zombies* (actually i tend to stab there face with the Kar98k's Bayonet upgrade, or use the extra damage power and blow people inhalf with a single bullet)

8/10 :D

edit:

* Sorry ! I meant Nazi's. I've been playing way too much CoD:WaW Nazi Zombies..
@Oreo - Really are you saying that an IdTech4 game, the NEW 2k9 Wolfenstein, that obviously it uses the latest updated version of the highly advanced & optimized IdTech4 technology is not up to the 2k9 gfx standards ???

Well, yes, it's not the latest IdTech5 engine, used on RAGE and DOOM 4 'intheworks' latest Id games, but anyway, just like a well modded D3, Q4 or Prey and even ETQW highly rated games, specially for its awesome gfx as we all know...

So, my question is, how can an IdTech4 latest 2009 Wolfenstein game to NOT look as the BEST of the BEST, just like any of the other IdTech4 games on his current years of launch and even beyond that if modded with latest shaders ¿??? :)

It's a console port so it's not going to look much better then what you expect on current consoles. However I don't think the graphics are bad at all. I don't like that I have very few options for tweaking the graphics but they are not to bad. The fire looks good in the game.

Maybe when i have the game if i can create a shaders mod that enhances its gfx, but, anyway, i have seen a couple of videos of this new Wolfenstein and i see that the gfx aren't bad, but mostly in an "Old Fashioned" style, very close to the previous 2001 RTCW great game, its only that knowing that the new Wolf. uses the latest IdTech4 engine + latest MegaTexture from J. C. i was hopping for more...

The FX seem to be very good also. :)

@Chad711 - Being a console port is the WORST thing, of course.

Its not a port. All versions were separately developed. They knew that tech4 was old so they didn't focus on graphics so much as looks and aesthetic value. The game has a very distinct look.

Ok, so it's a custom version for each platform, good to know it.

As for telling that IdTech4 engine is old, this is NOT right, because with every new game using this 2004 "BeyondItsTime" technology, the engine has been upgraded & optimized, fixed bugs and adding new bigger features like for example...: MegaTexture on ETQW, Bloom on Prey or HDR in this Wolfesntein game as i see in the videos on YouTube, GameSpot and other places.

What i noticed in this game is that the characters aren't as detailed as it can be, just take a look on D3 or Q4 as to how detailed the characters are, compared to Wolfenstein, so i think that Raven has intentionally made it with an old fashion look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom