New TES:Skyrim Gameplay Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except DICE :D

Anyhow, Mods made Oblivion look way better.

The same will happen for Skyrim.
I don't doubt that, but the graphics difference between each Elders Scrolls was huge. This one simply looks minor. I was hoping for huge difference then mods only make it look outstanding 4 years later.

I don't doubt that, but the graphics difference between each Elders Scrolls was huge. This one simply looks minor. I was hoping for huge difference then mods only make it look outstanding 4 years later.

Yeah. But guess what, the specification of the Xbox 360 was the same 4 years a go as it was today. Bethesda can't magic up new specifications just for themselves.

I would hold judgement on the PC version of this game. For all we know it could be the lead platform, support DX11, be coded with 64bit in mind (So it can assign itself more than 4gb of ram), have all the fancy god rays and stuff, and look wonderous.

Lead platform is unlikely, but the rest of the stuff is still possible. The bigger a developers budget the more likely it is to create good quality ports with features specific to each version. It's easy to assume a game like Skyrim has a pretty massive budget. They could spend $200million on the game and still make a very healthy profit.

Except DICE :D

Anyhow, Mods made Oblivion look way better.

The same will happen for Skyrim.

I didn't really notice a big difference in bc2 on the pc. I mean, when I played the ps3 demo on my monitor, I could see all the jaggies and it looked horrible, but when I played it on a proper tv at a proper distance, I couldn't see much.

Yeah. But guess what, the specification of the Xbox 360 was the same 4 years a go as it was today. Bethesda can't magic up new specifications just for themselves.

I would hold judgement on the PC version of this game. For all we know it could be the lead platform, support DX11, be coded with 64bit in mind (So it can assign itself more than 4gb of ram), have all the fancy god rays and stuff, and look wonderous.

Lead platform is unlikely, but the rest of the stuff is still possible. The bigger a developers budget the more likely it is to create good quality ports with features specific to each version. It's easy to assume a game like Skyrim has a pretty massive budget. They could spend $200million on the game and still make a very healthy profit.
Hence, my comment for consolitis ;)

Also the reason why (I think it was here) I was *****ing about the next gen of consoles being pushed back to like 2015. Whether PC gamers want to admit it or not, we are at the mercy of consoles where advancements in gaming are concerned. Bottom line there is, IT SUCKS.

2015? I don't think it will be that long. The portables are coming out this year, so new consoles should arrive 2013.

A 10 year life cycle means that it will be supported for 10 years, not that it will be the only thing out there for 10 years. If Sony holds off for 10 years, they will be screwed because microsoft will beat them to the punch again. And now that they don't have all of those ps2 fanboys holding out for them, they will be sure to fail.

And it is also possible onlive will catch on by that time and they will have to compete with that.

Couldn't care less for ME3. Found ME2 really really boring. Like, unbelieveably so.

Forever_Alone.png

http://features.metacritic.com/features/2010/mass-effect-2-inside-the-reviews/

I know i know. But it was just so average. The combat felt average, the graphics were average, the environments were average and the rpg elements seemed average. I didn't see the point. I felt the same 2 hours in as i did at the start, in some horrible dull claustrophobic environment which looked crap.

Maybe i should give it another chance at some point.

edit:

About the consoles. Kaz Harai recently said that the playstation 3 isn't even half way through it's lifecycle, and that "He hadn't even thought about the PS4 yet". Which sucks, a lot. Ofcourse he could be ********ing. On the other hand, the longer it is until they release it the greater the difference will be. But considering Sony released the Move and M$ released Kinect, which both would of cost loads on R&D and are considered new consoles by there respective makers, we could be in for a long wait. Also bear in mind Sonys ridiculously spec'd PSP2/NGP will of cost them an arm and a leg, as well as a lot of attention that the PS4 will of been needing. So actually it wouldn't surprise me if they were barely beyond the design stage.

I think you'll hear about the new xbox and ps3 at E3 2012. They might arrive in late 2013, if your lucky.

^The beginning is tedious I guess, because you've got no abilities or awesome weapons or any money or ship upgrades or friends or real missions etc. BUT once you're past that and you're killing enemies with your pimped out sniper rifle complete with incendiary rounds (or disruptor ammo if you're against enemies with shields or robots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom