The New Starcraft??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti_DOOM

In Runtime
Aside from the console only Starcraft: Ghost, project revolution found here is a mod for warcraft3: TFT and i think blizzard is simply waiting for it to finish before they begin work on SC2, what do you think?

Starcraft is my all time favorite PC game, and i sure as h3ll hope that blizzard makes a starcraft 2. About that mod, there is one problem...there was once a very promising starcraft mod for C&C Generals, but blizzard crushed it because they didnt want any 3rd party using their material. They prolly wont care as much cuz its a blizzard engine thats being modded, but whatever.

the Starcraft MOD for C&C was pretty bad, it wasnt really a total conversion...all it did was change a few textures and models for the buildings/units ect but it just felt too much like C&C. this on the other hand is a TOTAL conversion and the detail taken from the original SC:BW is unreal. blizzard will wait for this to be released so they can see what it is gamers want from the new SC thats why developers are starting to give more suport to thier games when it comes to modding.

lol, most of the techies on this forum might have been too young to play Starcraft back then...

I am 15 but unlike a lot of people my age I've been playing PC games a lot in my childhood mainly becuase of my brothers. I remember playing starcraft back in 1998 (around 9 then :)) along with Warcraft II tides of darkness, and it was one of my favorite games. I would love that they make Starcraft 2, I read somewhere that it was announced but haven't heard from it since. Blizzard needs to stop worring about WoW and start making new games.

Doom I and II are my favorite games of all time.

Ulti_DOOM said:
lol, most of the techies on this forum might have been too young to play Starcraft back then...
BS

I find that SC is a game that is still playied today an LAN CAFEs.
I have never been to a LAN party where there as not been at least 1 round of star craft.

BS about the age is right. Im 15 myself (16 in a month and a half), and Starcraft is my all time favorite game. It is the most heavily played LAN game ive ever seen

TheMajor said:
Starcraft rocks. Probably best RTS ever.

Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge is up there as well ;)

as for Starcraft 2....i cant wait !!!! Starcraft i still play at lan cafe's with a bunch of friends...i dont think that game will ever get old :p...till starcraft 2 comes out anyway haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom