New rig, need fun games

I just got Mass Effect 2 because I heard 1 was not the best of the series, and wow it is pretty fun. A little slow paced right now at the beginning, but gripping and makes me want to keep playing.

2 changed things up story and play wise that made some big fans (like myself) cringe. It's still a good game, just not what everybody was expecting after playing the first one. 3 is rather good but the ending just kills it. They could have ended the official launch different. That's why there is DLC to change the ending.
The series and story as a whole is fantastic so don't let that ward you off. The only UE3 game that was good enough to make me take pills keeping my headaches away to play.

Honestly, it depends on what you like. But the first ME game was an RPG and a pretty good one (despite some flaws) and the 2nd ME game (ME2) completely dropped a huge chunk of what made ME1 great and took it into a different direction.

While it is slower paced, you miss a whole lot by not playing the first ME game since stuff carries over and characters you meet (besides the party members) and interact with in the first 2 games play roles or have small nods or events in the other games.

Back
Top Bottom