New Graphics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dvald25

Solid State Member
When BF3 comes out I intend on playing that game on PC with a very good frame rate. With the card i have know i know i can get around 60 fps but i would like to get more then that. So i decided to get a second card but I had a question for you. Right now I have an AMD Radeon 6870 1gb card. If I were to get another card would I be better off getting the same card again and just run dual 6870's? Or could i get the AMD Radeon 6950 1gb (the card im looking at right now). They both have the AMD chipset and are one generation of cards away from each other. Do you think they would be compatible with each other? Thanks for reading and any help or opinions on a card at around the same price as the 6950.

This is the card that i have: AMD Radeon

This is the card i a looking to get : AMD Radeon

AFAIK you have to get the same # card to double up.
Doesn't have to be the same manufacturer or clock speed, but has to be a 6870.

Need Help with my processor and graphics card

Hi, ive been looking at getting either a gtx 580 supercloked or 560 ti twin frozr. I own a AMD six-core 1100T processor. The only problem is that ive heard that a six-core (AMD computer) doesnt run as well as a i7 (intel computer) would with a nvidia card. is this true or will they work fine together( a six core and a nvidia card)? Should i go with amd radeon 6970 or 6950?

Thanks for the help!
-Dvald25

Re: Need Help with my processor and graphics card

The GTX 580 will work just fine with your system, if your power supply is large enough. Remember to uninstall your old video card drivers before you install the new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom