New graphics card for COD:MW2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
Well I had a HD4830 until about march and then it died so I have been using my old 8600GT since, how well will my system:

Intel E5200 @ 2.85Ghz
2GB DDR2 800Mhz
8600GT 256mb

run MW2? Or will it be worth investing in a new £50 or so card?

Cheers.

Well, for what i found, its well worth it, as an ati radeon hd4850 is usually bout £100, i found one for £40. my computer itself is terrible for graphics lol, but im getting a total rebuild, im getting a ati radeon hd4850, a sound card, a new internal speaker and since i have 2 ports for processors, im getting a second one, that all adds up to £93 so im well chuffed, hope this link helps for a new graphics card: 912-V151-022 *MSI ATI 4850 512MB DDR3 PCI-E GRAPHICS CARD

i know im sayin a lot of crap, lol but if u have another port for a processor, it wouldnt be a bad investment, i already have a 2.6ghz processor and i'm getting a 2.8ghz one for £20, my computer uses xeon processors, i would recommend them as they use less electricity and can save u a considerable bit on your bills

Yours sincerly Pearse

It depends what res you are playing at. If you are at 1680x1050, you should be able to set all textures on high (not extra) and play with AA and AF. If your res is lower, you should be able to completely max it.

Well I had a HD4830 until about march and then it died so I have been using my old 8600GT since, how well will my system:

Intel E5200 @ 2.85Ghz
2GB DDR2 800Mhz
8600GT 256mb

run MW2? Or will it be worth investing in a new £50 or so card?

Cheers.

well if my 8500GT could max COD4, and MW2 is not any more graphically intensive then i'd say you could max it. as long as you are not playing at like 1920x1080 or higher.

Pretty sure it would run it med to high as long as your not on a huge res.

Well, for what i found, its well worth it, as an ati radeon hd4850 is usually bout £100, i found one for £40. my computer itself is terrible for graphics lol, but im getting a total rebuild, im getting a ati radeon hd4850, a sound card, a new internal speaker and since i have 2 ports for processors, im getting a second one, that all adds up to £93 so im well chuffed, hope this link helps for a new graphics card: 912-V151-022 *MSI ATI 4850 512MB DDR3 PCI-E GRAPHICS CARD

i know im sayin a lot of crap, lol but if u have another port for a processor, it wouldnt be a bad investment, i already have a 2.6ghz processor and i'm getting a 2.8ghz one for £20, my computer uses xeon processors, i would recommend them as they use less electricity and can save u a considerable bit on your bills

Yours sincerly Pearse

Don't mean to high jack but... Internal Speaker?? Why?

Well it will be at 1440x900 so should be ok, a new card would be nice though :(

I'd say it will be perfectly smooth on high at that res but not extra.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...nchmarks-of-the-latest-Call-of-Duty/Practice/

If you look there on max it gets 51 @ 1280x1024 and 42 @ 1680x1050. Your res is kinda in the middle of that so you would get maybe 45-46ish if you tried maxing. It all depends on the game and your preference. I know that I can live with that frame rate, but I can definitely tell a difference between that and 60. On regular high you should get your 60 if you want max smooth. If you can deal with slight choppiness, then you can max it.

I'd say it will be perfectly smooth on high at that res but not extra.

Modern Warfare 2 - Graphics card benchmarks of the latest Call of Duty - Call of Duty 6, Modern Warfare 2, Test, Benchmarks, Screenshots, - PC Games Hardware

If you look there on max it gets 51 @ 1280x1024 and 42 @ 1680x1050. Your res is kinda in the middle of that so you would get maybe 45-46ish if you tried maxing. It all depends on the game and your preference. I know that I can live with that frame rate, but I can definitely tell a difference between that and 60. On regular high you should get your 60 if you want max smooth. If you can deal with slight choppiness, then you can max it.

Glad you showed that link. Now I know I should be able to run it rather nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom