New Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam105

Beta member
Ok i'm looking to buy a new graphics card for my computer, firstly here are some details about my computer:

2.79 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Pentium 4, Windows XP, Geforce 440MX 64MB

I'd like to get a better graphics card so my computer can play current games better, such as: Bet On Soldier, Dragonshard, Age Of Empires 3, Civilisation 4, Lord Of The Rings: Battle For Middle Earth 2

Can anyone recommend a decent graphics card that won't cost more that £100 (~$150).

Thanks in advance.

Hi. I was the one that Jam105 originally posted about. I bought that graphics card and got the games. However, when I try to play Lord of the Rings: Battle for middle earth 2, theres a problem. It runs fine for a few moments, then it crashes and goes to an error screen.

This is the error message:
Direct3D error 0x0x8876086a (D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE) 9 addresses:

then it lists 9 problems. It says that it is a severe error and that the game must be closed. I've talked to Jam105 and he helped me download the latest drives for the nVidia 6600 GT and then recommended Directx version 10. I can't find version 10.

Can anyone help me? I need to know whats causing this problem. Is the graphics card not right? I meet all the game requirements.

One last thing: When I try to play Bet On Soldier, the game goes funny.

I try to load up the first mission and my computer resets and gives me the following error message:

The system has recovered from a serious error
Error signature:
BCCode : c2 BCP1 : 00000007 BCP2 : 00000CD4 BCP3 : E400EB64
BCP4 : 00120089 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 768_1

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini031506-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\James\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Any idea what happened?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom