New games and upcoming releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inaris

Fully Optimized
Ok, so I'm looking for feedback on the new games that have come out recently and anythoughts on a few that are to be release be years end...

Homeworld 2- I was addicted tot he first, and to cataclism, so what is different about H2? It's hard as hell!!! Played for 12 hours so far and have not gotten bast the 3rd level... DAMN...

Tron2- WOW! What a great looking game. The dificulty is good and the FPS is great. The world seems to be pretty adaptive and requires TombRaider like exploring, but I really like this one...

Up and comming...

Dues Ex Invisible War- What have you heard? I'm really wanting to see something from Eidos, but nothing is being released...Any info would be helpfull...

Thanks

I'm playing Halo Combat Evolved.
I never played it on the X-Box, so I'm having a blast with it.
There's some issues with framerates, which are hopefully fixed soon with a patch.

You don't need a powerhouse to run it either.I have a GF2 card, 1 gig celeron, and the only thing that is hindering my game a litttle is the video card which I'm going to replace soon.
If FPS games are your thing, it's well worth looking into.

I don't know much really about the games you mentioned.

There is a patch available for Halo on PC now. Check out Fileplanet.

I'm looking forward to Half Life 2. Call of Duty looks good too. I have to get that one (I'm a forum admin at Callofduty.org).

I would like to get Halo too. Looks like a fun game.

I think the current patch is for MP only.I don't think it deals with the frame rate issue.Lot's of people are pretty dissapointed in the results so far from what I've seen on other forums.On my system I get about 25 fps, less in big battles.I only have a GF2 card.

I've heard a few times that there's an expansion for Raven Shield (rainbow six: 3) coming out pretty soon, i'm sure it'll be a blast

I have seen reports for Halo having some somwhat crappy framerates and most games dont like Celerons. I have a 1.7Ghz Celeron OCed@2.26 and it only bumps up my framerate a bit in most games and I have a Radeon 9000 64MBDDR and 384MB of SDR Ram. (I know SDR is crap now but 384MBs is enough to run stuff.) I want a p4Chip then I will have a nice comp...then add an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro XT :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom