New CS:S radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gaara said:
but YEAH, I really think Valve should have asked the community to at least beta test it when making such a huge change in the game, rather than just deciding to throw it in out of nowhere

True but its been so long since a major update its like they felt they could just throw it in. I agree a beta test would have been much better.

im not a fan of css. its too easy and there isnt recoil. after hearing about all these problems i dont want to play it. im gonna stick with cz for now.

goblue14 said:
im not a fan of css. its too easy and there isnt recoil. after hearing about all these problems i dont want to play it. im gonna stick with cz for now.
There is recoil, just not realistic recoil like in DoD.

As for the new mini map... I don't mind it that much. I've never experienced this thing were you can see the whole enemy team for the entire round... nor have the servers I play on started acting weird and crashing... you guys must play on some crappy servers or something.... :confused:

The mini map has its down sides but overall I think it is alot better than the old radar. The game is faster paced and more fun this way.

To the people who say it makes the game unrealistic... the game was unrealistic to begin with. I mean jumping around a corner and while still in mid air, looking through the scope of your huge, heavy, sniper rifle, and getting an accurate shot off would be impossible in reality. I'm not saying this is a bad thing... I think CS:S is a good blend of realism and fun.

The only part of CS:S that really needs to be fixed is the AWPs, but that is another topic.

I just hate it cause it is an update LOL, now I cant play in offline again until my fu*king internet will co operate with steam. :( then it will take it ALL night to get it to finish.

Just wondering when dowloading from steam is it usual for it to go to like 10 kb/s then to 70, then down to zero and back up agian??

j4ckaL said:

To the people who say it makes the game unrealistic... the game was unrealistic to begin with. I mean jumping around a corner and while still in mid air, looking through the scope of your huge, heavy, sniper rifle, and getting an accurate shot off would be impossible in reality. I'm not saying this is a bad thing... I think CS:S is a good blend of realism and fun.

The only part of CS:S that really needs to be fixed is the AWPs, but that is another topic.

exactly, that's what I've been telling people for a while. You don't play CS:S for its realism, but for its ability to combine really fun multiplayer action with a little bit of realism. It's more realistic than most FPS games out there anyways. And yes, the AWP.....what a b*tch

well I tried it today and I just want it disabled as it's too distracting and takes too long to figure out what's happening. With the old radar I could glance at it in 2 seconds and immediately know how many teammates I have left, where they are, and what is the situation with bomb/hostages.

Now rather than simply looking and seeing a few dots, I see Xs, radiating circles, little blips and a variety of other unidentified crap that I don't need in a radar. Even worse, it doesn't even display the whole map. Again, for someone playing since 2000 it is a very big stab in the back on Valve's part

I have found it distracting, especially as I've been used the the original radar for so many years.
If I dont get used to it i might turn it off but it doesn't seem sensible to disadvantage myself as the new radar does make tracking enemy forces and activity easier.

I never even used the old radar to begin with so yeah...I just want to disable it.

It's more realistic than most FPS games out there anyways.
SoF2 is better and more realistic than CS:S, but the community for that game these days is horrible...assuming there is even one left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom