New Company of Heroes..What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micahville

Beta member
I have been playing Company of Heroes for a long time. I have a ummm..semi-legit copy, but that is really besides the point. I recently heard about the new version (Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts), and I wondering what all of yalls are thinking about it?

On the site, it says DX10 support and significant upgrades to the Essence Engine...does that mean Vista only? If so that would be a huge blow to the fanbase..

8.jpg

I am stoked about the weather effects too. I love realism.

Are you excited? I am a little bit stoked..

i cant stand that game
but to answer your vista question if you want to play it in DX10 yes it will have to be in vista but they will probably have a DX9 version as well

The latest patch for CoH (1.71?) already adds DX10 features to the game. Opposing Fronts is just a stand-alone expansion, in which people who play the regular game can play people who are using the expansion but you can only play the sides that are in your game, unless you have both.

I too am not using a what you may call, "legit" copy of CoH but once I get my 8800 GTX I will have a "legit" copy since it comes with the card. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) I am not running Vista but on XP so I can't test DX10.

I've already seen the DX9 vs DX10 screen shots, really there isn't that much difference, and the performance is actually worse. The only thing i saw different was very faint light differences and more grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom