Neverwinter Nights and ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brew_WY

In Runtime
When i try and run my NWN i can play for about 5 min when, there is that ATI's Open GL driver had an error and it has to shut down. i tried reinstalling all of the drivers for the VC, but that didnt help anything. i havnt been able to get through to ATI so if any of you could help it would be appreciated. thanks Andy.

P.S. i am running a ATI X850XT PE

Its an ATI driver problem. You could run any games no problem if you have an Nvidia card, but certain games like Neverwinter Nights and the Star Wars KoToR series don't run well with ATI. Before you buy ATI, you should know that you will run into serious driver problems.

well since i already own a ATI that doesnt matter. secondly i also already know that i have a driver problem. i wanted to know if anyone could help me solve my problem with the ATI OpenGL driver error? i have reinstalled all the drivers for the card and ran all updates off of ATI's website. any usefull information would be appreciated.

Just get with ATI, let them know about the problem, and maybe they will work out a driver fix. Thats all you can do.

Try using Omega drivers. I use them, and I dont have any driver issues whatsoever. Im using an X850 XT, which is virtually a twin to the X850 XT PE

i just got done DL the omega drivers. it said it corrected the problem with the OGL driver, which was giving me all my problems. thanks i think i will finally be able to complete my NWN campaign now. i will let you know you it works out. thanks again. ;)

EDIT> the omega drivers took care of my problems. thanks again for the information. got to go. NWN is calling.

Download both :-
* Current ATI Drivers for your video card
* What ever patchs that are avalable for NWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom