Neverwinter Nights 2 Start Up Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouen

In Runtime
I'm having a somewhat similar problem with NWN 2 now. The first time I ran it, it worked fine. Now when I run it, my monitor goes black and it says Frequency Over Range. I've tried reinstalling it, no avail. My monitor is being kinda finicky anyway over what resolutions and frequencies it can use. My video card is an evga 8800GTS 640MB and the monitor is a ViewSonic A91f+ Ultrabrite.

Is there a way to change the default NWN 2 settings without playing the game? Turning it on brings up that error. I have to ctrl alt delete to get back to windows and kill the process via task manager.

Is there a way to change the default NWN 2 settings without playing the game? Turning it on brings up that error. I have to ctrl alt delete to get back to windows and kill the process via task manager.

Hey there, to answer your question, it seems like you might be having a problem/incompatability with your monitor. The "Out of Range" message you got is usually displayed if say....you try to run a game outside the resolution range of your monitor. Which indeed, may not be the problem for you, however, I'd try using a different monitor, see if that does anything for you. After reading your post w/ problems in BF2, i don't think trying a new monitor would be a bad idea.

Anyways, let me know if that changes your situation at all, I'll write back after you let me know and see if I can help.

I've been seriously looking at a gaming LCD monitor, but I'm trying to avoid having to get a new monitor just to play the game as this monitor is just fine. The settings in the game are just screwed up. However, once you install a game and change the settings, they somehow stay with the computer even after you uninstall. Both games worked before I changed the res settings. I would have to reformat the computer to make it work again FOR SURE. There's another way to change the settings outside of the game, I just need to find out how. I've tried doing the google bit, but they only lead to more obvious questions and answers, nothing specific for me.

Hmmm....well, first off, its weird that your comp would have such a negative reaction to a standard resolution change (unless the game reso is outside of the monitors reso...so if it is, theres your problem right there, but assuming it isnt) to change the settings outside of the game im ASSUMING youll need to go into the game files and mess around there...I don't know for sure where anything might be though. Look around for video settings, etc...and open it in notepad, see if theres anything recognizable...ill do the same and report back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom