Neverwinter Nights 2 Module Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
^it would be unlikly that i will be able to,...

Have a major bug in the quest, one of the conditionals in a conversation will not fire and it does not move the quest along...i can't figure out why it's doing ti (i posted a message on the neverwinter nighter 2 toolset thread but the people seem to me ignoring my question and telling me other things arggg.)

^what are you saying? That I'm lying about this. Well for one why would i do that and nwn2 (and 1) come with the engine the developers used to make the game. It's for people can make there own versions...they may not be qquite as large as the acctually main game but they are still fun. Check out the screen shot i posted...how would i fake that...and why would i?

there are mods bigger then the original game in itself, btw. and your doign a great job so far, maybe il buy nwn2 again and il try it out, are all the quest going to happen with in the town? if so will there be combat?

Neverwinter nights and neverwinter nights 2 both come with their own Excellent module editor. i.e. the same one the devs used. It's fantastic.

Let me know when you get it done luke i'll play it for sure. I wanted to do one myself but theres not enough time in the day to do everythign i want to. so i cut that out XD

im having some major problems getting the quests to update them selfs threw conversations...i haven't even got one to work! the game will start out your locked in the town, then after like three quests you wil get a quest outside the town (the same area but not confined to the walls of the town) then you will get one more quest that will be in a cave (the entrance to the cave will be outside the town.) after you finish that you will be able to leave the town and go to a different area completely, the larger main city...im not quite sure what im gonna make you do there though. I'm just mainly trying to get the quests i have wrote to work lol. It will be a while before i am finished. Im not really sure how i could get the game to you guys...id love for you guys to be able to play it and give me some feed back on where it needs some work. (i guess i could mail it to you on a cd....i wouldn't mind the low cost...it would be worth it.)

Oh, yes there is combat...not in the first quest (which is kinda lame), the second quest there is combat..but you can avoid it threw conversation if you choose the right options. The third i haven't written but there will be quite a bit of combat more then the second quest. The forth quest will have some combat and will be quite easy. The fifth in the cave should have a lot of combat.

So all in all it will be a rather big module for a starter one so it should be interesting.

Yeah, dial up sucks...if you guys want to try it out it wouldn't be a problem for me to mail a copy to you. I'm finding it hard to find room to improve...so any feedback would help a lot, and the only way I'm gonna get feedback is for someone other then me to play it.

I just got a reply on the bioware forum saying there is a bug in the Toolset that some conversation conditions have to be set with the items resref and not it's tag so I'm gonna try to change it right now.

EDIT:Arrgg, this getting annoying,,,well I'm not gonna be sending it anywhere if i can't get a quest to work...there is no reason that it shouldn't be working. Well as far as i can tell. I must be missing something, or I'm going absolutely crazy.

thought id just update you a bit, the main area is completely done (the bloody quests i still can't get to work fully but it will be a nice little environment for the player to walk around in lol. There still is no reason why it isn't working, i have had a few ideas to bypass the errors but just haven't had much time lately. I'm hoping to get some more time this week (hopefully a day or so of work into it).

Luke if you want to ship the end product to me I will upload it to my server, Dial up can be a ***** an expensive so seeding a torrent would not be worthwhile for you an uploading it yourself might take a while.

^my down is about 2.5kb/s so my upload would prob be like 1kb/s and seeing as my dial up cut in and out over long periods of use i wouldn't even be able to upload it my self. Thank you for offering to host it on your server, i will definitely take you up on that but it could be quite a while before it's finished.

No problem mate, I have 12gb free on one server an got extra storage an unlimited bandwidth PM me when you are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom