Neverwinter help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRXminion

Beta member
Hello every one, first off iÂ’m new. I found this forum by google searching for computer forums. IÂ’m currently a senior in high school, and about to go off to college to get a MBA and minor in computers, I took ap comp sci as a sophomore in high school and scored a 4, I should have had a 5, but I started to get a headache. IÂ’m wanting to get into the video game industryÂ…. Any way, my questionÂ….

My grandparents just bought me an alienware laptop to pursue my carrier in computersÂ… yes I know spoiledÂ… any way, the specs are,
Pent 4 3.2 ghz
ATI 9200 128mb card
1gig ram
sound blasters
7200rpm hard driveÂ….
So itÂ’s nice of a laptop, and IÂ’v been running bryce, miya, and other various media editing software with no problems, but today I tried to load Neverwinter on my computer, and itÂ’s having a butt load of probs. The 1st time I tried to install it, it wouldnÂ’t read the disc after instillation so I had to update the game online, then it wouldnÂ’t detect my processor and though I had lower then min reqÂ…. so I had to mess around with the settingsÂ… then the opening video was choppy and the sound was glitch along with really bad gammaÂ…. So I tried to fix this with video settings, alas nothing workedÂ…. so I gave up on that, and wanted to see gameplayÂ… got into char creation and the game freezes my computerÂ… no blue screen, no error, just freezeÂ…. So I try again, same thingÂ….. so I try to reinstall, had all the same probs, only this time I can get a little bit further into the gameÂ… I can actually create a char. But once I get to game play, a few min later it freezesÂ….. any ideas? All my drivers are up to dateÂ…. And my comp out dose the min req by a long shotÂ….

hmm, i had the same problem, let me try to recall the procedure i took.

if i am not mistaken this was casued by corrupt cds,
i got a question, are u usuing the orginal cds?

number two: i can't think of it right now, try step one and see how it goes.

-gkhan
gkhan3@hotmail.com

i know it's bit late, so this may be out of date.... but i have had choppiness issues with my game, and after a lot of searching, i finally found the problem. the reason i was so annoyed, is because my roommate and i have the same pc's, except that mine has dual channel ram. anyway, i'm choppy and 1280x1024, and he's playing at 1600x1200 with no choppiness! linux is the answer. i upgraded hadrdrives, partitioned half for linux and half for windows.... installed knoppix and VOILA! totally smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom