Need Some Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

digital_ninja2k

Baseband Member
recently i've been playing PainKiller, Knights of the Old Republic II and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.

Unfortunitly I've beaten all three and now I'm thinking of dropping into the local EB Games and picking up a couple new titles, What do you all sujest?

My parameters for the games are rather broad. My system can handle virtually any game thrown at it and the only genres I don't really like are racing and hunting games. They just aren't my thing.

Also, multiplayer doesn't mean squat to me. I'm on a dial-up connection for the time being. >.< The area I live in is supposed to be getting high speed soon and when they do i might give some multiplayer stuff a try. Definitly getting WoW when high speed arrives. :)

Thanks in advance for the suggestions guys.

Pending your system, FEAR. I have read that basically no system can play that game to its full potential.. i know mine can't.

I loved Far Cry, but that is getting old. If you don't like racing, then you won't like nfsmw... try quake 4??

FEAR might have a little too high requirements for your computer to do it justice (I'm assuming its the one in your sig, which is too big, by the way). The only reason to get FEAR is to show off the capablities of your PC. Its only a decent game with awsome graphics.

I would say the best game to get is definately Half Life 2. This game is just amazing. Really good graphics, deep plot, great gameplay, etc, etc.

Half life 2
Final fantasy 9 if you are willing to use emulator
Max payne 1 and 2 (This would be my suggestion, these games are great)
Bloodrayne 2
Quake 4
Doom 3
System shock 2 if you can handle it (scary, you CAN semi legally download this game, EA no longer holds the rights to it so although they don't encourage you downloading it, its not illegal)
Vampire the Masquerade: bloodlines (if you are willing to play through a great game, with a ton of bugs)

Of all those I'd do may payne 1 and 2 first if you havn't already, they were probably the most fun I've had of those when I played through them for the first time.

Also I dont know what that other guy is talking about, you can definitly play fear so long as you have a graphics card better then a radeon 9600. It wasnt really that much fun in my opinion, but try it if you want.

Silent Hunter III: Not exactly a mainstream game, but one of my favs of the last few years. The tension in the game is amazing and intense. There is nothing quite like being depth charged in a submarine with 2% hull integrity left, 0 torpedoes, and half your crew dead.

Rome: Total War is a great strategy game

Morrowind: Excellent RPG

I just realized I forgot to label my graphics card in my sig. *slaps forhead* D'oh!

I have a 256mb ATI Radeon x700 series. The only game I've ever had a problem with it in is the Dantooine level of KOTOR II and that was easily fixed with a driver update.

that will not handle anything you throw at it. expect it to choke on BF2, FEAR, Quake 4, Doom 3, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom