Need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

0tz

In Runtime
I just bought today Titan Quest and playing with it right now. I find the game quite interesting since it has some sort of Diablo II similarities.

Now, I have my second choice during my decision in choosing the game that Ill buy. Im looking at Fable: Lost Chapters. Is that game worth buying? Need your feedbacks and some pros and cons please. I just read it on GameSpot that your character gains age as you go on which made me build interest on it.

And other recommendations please. TY^^

Fable:TLC is an amazing game one of my favorite games of the past 5 years
kinda short but still worth it, considering its what 20 bucks?

the star Wars KOTOR series is also REALLY good and lasts along time with great storylines and endless possibilities

I found Fable to be sorely lacking. KOTOR is a much better choice. Of course if you want something relly expansive and on the cheap, Morrowind GotY edition is only $20.

Morrowind isn't for the faint of heart, its pretty hardcore RPG, you have to put a lot into the game to get anything back.

Fable TLC is on my "wish List" of games but I don't have it yet so I can't really comment - If you don't have KOTOR then that certainly is a fine game that you may want to look at first.

Other RPGs you may want to look at:
oblivion
NWN 2

I just noticed your gfx card - oblivion's out.

Just came to mind, if you can find it cheap (some stores are STILL asking 40+ for it) Dark Messiah of Might and magic is actually a lot of fun, unfortunately it is on the short side.

Is Fable Lost Chapters in 3D? Over the 5 years?! So it means this game is already among the aged? I really dont have idea :D And what is its view perspective? Third person or top down view (like Diablo 2)

Yup I cant play Oblivion with that gfx card... Oh, I forgot to mention Neverwinter Nights 2...Is it a good choice also? Sadly it costs a little more..

Another thing, does the ratings in Gamespot really true? That when they rate a game which is like 5.6, it means it really sucks? Their ratings really affect my preferences...

In my experience, game ratings often do not mean a whole lot since everyone has their own particular interests in what they enjoy in a game. For instance I really enjoyed Vampire Bloodlines but it more or less got left behind in teh gaming market because it is buggy.

KOTOR I and II, both are really good games, some of my favorite games of all time, and you don't have to be a star wars fan to like them, of course that's always a plus.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (SW:KOTOR), the first one, has the better story of the two, but the second one adds a lot of new stuff to the game, story isn't bad but is still a level down from I, but there is a much better character development in II. In II you can turn your party members either to the light or to the dark. These games has pretty high replayability to them, especially II.

Morrowind is an awesome game that I still play today. If you decide to get it, make sure you get the Game of the Year Edition which has the 2 expansions. There are a ton of mods out there, and make sure you use fps optimizer for heaven sakes! Even if you're running a 8800 GTX it is always nice to have fps optimizer since it's such a great tool.

What is this FPS optimizer? Is it a software that comes with Morrowind or a separate downloadble program? Is it applicable to other games?

Im looking forward to Fable TLC. To tell you honestly, Im not that fond of Star Wars things so maybe I cant appreciate the game much even though much of you says that its good :D Then NW2...

But anyway thanks for the suggestions that you gave to me. That really helped a lot ^^

Re Gamespot reviews - the content is often good but I really wouldn't depend on the ratings. If you're going to do that then atleast use the user review rating ("you say") as that gives you an averaged rating across lots of people's tastes and different computers.

At the end of the day your taste is a major factor, E.g. I can't stand empire at war, I think it's rip-off junk but that got an 8.7 at GS. however I love bloodlines which only got a 7.7

The best thing to do at gamespot is find a few member reviewers who have similar taste to you and follow their reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom