Need a new game my speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Hi Ive recently beaten a lot of games Ive heard were good, I tried far cry but couldnt get into it because it didnt really thrill me.

Im into games that have a sppoky atmosphere, games that are pure action the whole time, or RPGS that are oriented towards adults (fallout and such). Heres a list of games ive played and loved (not in order):

Fallout 1 and 2
FEAR
DOOM3
System shock 2
Max payne 1 and 2 (I LOVED these)
Resident evil 4 (Ive got a gamecube)

I wanted to try Vampire the masquerade bloodlines, but ive read reviews saying that its riddled with technical issues which for me would just agitate me rather then letting me enjoy it. Maybe resserection of evil, but are there any other great ones im missing?

have you tried the GTA series, they are really good, i don't know if you may be into them, but from my experience it's kinda like Max Paine
i think hafe life 2 is gooood. it test your graphics and your computer its scary at times and its really fun to play online:D

Whoops forgot to say that one, I beat that 3 days after it came out :). It was great but I wouldnt call it scary at any point really, more of a thrilling action fps.

Im kinda like you, regarding games. But graphics are important to me. I just asked for Far Cry for Xmas...bad decision?? Out of the games you listed there which one do you recommend I get next besides FEAR...sorry I cant help you.

Hey you ever played Deus Ex? Its old but aewsome, will take you a while, some figuring out and great story/FPS.....if you can handle the old graphics..(they're not that bad for the time) I resurrect it every couple years cause its so fun. Dont play the 2nd one just the first.

Hmm let me put it this way, the most fun one to blast through is max payne 1 and 2 because they are so action packed making replaying them one in a while fun. The other ones are great but id have to wait a while before I redid any of them. If you havnt ever done max payne get it, its so fun. And max payne 2 is even better then 1 in my opinion.

If you want really good strategy games, try Homeworld. Its from 1999, but the graphics beyond amazing at the time, and its the most atmospheric, most challenging, and most innovative RTS I've ever played. Try it and you'll know. It was critically acclaimed, but never really lit up the cash registers.

I was a huge fan of fallout 1 and 2 as well as max payne myself. There on my top 10 list. The main reason for this is the stories behind them. I love a game with a really good story(and gameplay). Other than those I would say hl2. But since you've played all those I can't really help you either. I would say try ffvii because that had a great story line, but it's very hard to play a 3d game on 640x480 resolution now and days. I still want them to remake ffvii w/ better graphics, that would make my day. Good luck to your search for the next great game, I'm currently on that train as well. Let us not forget about fallout 3 now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom