Need A little help with Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The games run GREAT untill the stall... its not slow or anything... Fastest its ever been... but out of the blue it just stops...

I have an Onboard graphics... and I cant find memtest to save my life... Also Speedfan told me ((I kept it on while playing WoW)) that my computer was infact NOT overheating game froze at 32C which seeing as just running music and Firefox + Starcraft puts me in the high 30s and i have no problem... So its not that. im gonna try to install my REAL Graphics card... a good one... But as of now I need to sleep. So ill check back in the morning before i go to school.
Thankyou Ste for your help so far... and I hope you can continue till we fix this up...

A memory leak can have the same behavior, start one of the suspect games and alt out, bring up task manager, check for constant increases in process and paging file use. As for grafix settings, they can be altered in the games parrent directory in most cases(config file), might temporarilly help if the settings were lessened(altering the specific settings on your video card would help as well). As for overheating, put your hand on the machine, if its running hot, take the side panels off to increase airflow(unless you have a cat that is)

its not hot... my room is Ice cold as it is... I love the cold. Its winter and the windows open and the fan is on... Umm ill try the Task Manager thing here in a bit and get back to you... Still even so what should I do if it is as you say a "memory Leak"

I know a lot too... but not enough. (To explain your problem.)

Lol, sorry, I know it's not much help, but I went through pretty much the same thing about 18 months ago on my old system, and a fresh install sorted the whole problem out.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but it worked....

yeah i was thinking about Reinstalling windows... but Id lose so much stuff... Ehh might be worth it...

Well, if your using onboard graphics, and in seeing that it is only 64mb of shared memory as listed below, that might be the cause. I've never heard of anyone running Oblivion with that setup. I would get a decent video card and see if that resolves it.

Using shared graphics to game is a big mistake!!

Your graphics:
Integrated S3 UniChrome Pro 2D/3D Graphics
Share memory : 64MB

is there anyway to make it NOT shared or something without haveing to get a new Video card... Im not even sure if it works for one... and for two if it does God and you guys only know how to install it... I dont... It says i need the driver... but if i install the driver before i install the hardware it gives me an error... but if i install the hardware before i install the driver it wont work and i dont have a moniter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom