Need help with TF2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I've been playing it fine through my wireless connection since I got the game several days ago. Great pings and flawless connection strength, that was until this morning when my connection got lost for a split second.. ok no big deal, connection re-established, try to obtain the list of servers in-game and I can't!

I go under the "Servers" option in the Steam client and look for TF2 games, I get a bunch of servers and the latency is really low, which is good of course. I try and connect, and the server loading screen comes up and 2 or 3 bars loaded and I get the "Disconnected: Client Dropped by Server" message.

Gagh, I need my fix of TF2, I have so little time to myself with work and all, and now I have to deal with this rubbish... :(

It's definitely not a Steam issue, as I've tried CS:Source and the servers come up fine and dandy in-game, and I can connect to them just fine. This seems to be a TF2-only issue. Does anybody else have similar issues??

update: I've just uninstalled TF2 and I am re-downloading it. I will report back with my results.

my ping sits around 60 nearly all the time and for some reason when I first booted up the game it dropped me from 5 servers while trying to join. I havent had a problem since, and hope I don't lol. It seems to be really picky.

my ping is usually really great, I always filter out anything above 50 and can get between 15-30,

it's very annoying because the list in the Steam client updates perfectly fine and I see all the game there, I just can't join them! And the server list in-game doesn't update at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom