Need help on Gaming Mouse Pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcirtap813

Baseband Member
Hello, i just got a Razor DeathAdder one day ago, and since i use a palm grip, its just perfect for me! i have a crappy hard plasticy mouse pad atm. i was wondering what type of texture is best for gaming? i dont want a 40$ mouse pad also.. im looking fo rliek a 20$ gaming mouse pad probably. if i have to go a lil higher im willing to do that, i know for getting alot better quality a few bucks wont kill anyone... i know i need a rubber bottom for the mouse pad, i cant decide if i should get plastic or cloth/silk or what ever. What you guys recomend? i do play FPS and MMo games, so precession is key but i also need speed. what mosuepad do you guys recomend for me using the DeathAdder?

Thank you so much!

Absolute best mouse pad (others here agree) is the RatPadz. I would recommend the XT, as it is $10 more, and lasts about 5 times longer. I've had two GS's that both lasted about 1 and a half years each.

As for how they improve the mouse, imagine a frictionless surface and you'll have the right idea.

Edit: you can order both on their website, with free shipping: www.ratpadz.com

Edit2: WOW they dropped the price of the XT to $20... and I just bought 2 of them...

Absolute best mouse pad (others here agree) is the RatPadz. I would recommend the XT, as it is $10 more, and lasts about 5 times longer. I've had two GS's that both lasted about 1 and a half years each.

As for how they improve the mouse, imagine a frictionless surface and you'll have the right idea.

Edit: you can order both on their website, with free shipping: Ratpadz Mousing Surfaces

Edit2: WOW they dropped the price of the XT to $20... and I just bought 2 of them...

FRICTIONLESS? you think frictionless would be good for precesion too? also i looked at a HUMONGUS (sorry for spelling) mouse pad that i was looking into. the Xtracpads Ripper XXL. Lenght=36 inches , Height 18 inches. but the mousepad u said sounds good but do you think frictionless would be the best? should i go with aluminum or cloth or what?

EDIT: i researched it alittle bit and found this on newegg,
Pros: Cheap. Big. Lets your mouse move fast.
Cons: Takes getting used to if you are used to cloth mousepads. Sweat builds up on the plastic
Other Thoughts: It's just a piece of plastic with rubber feet, don't expect anything more

my hands do tend to sweat alot espicially when im gaming.. so thats not good. and as he said, just a piece of plastic? im using a plastic mousepad atm (cheap one) and it gets liek this thing on it, i dono if it s dust with sumthing or whatnot but it sticks to it and i have to like sorta scrape it off lol. after a while if i run my nails thru it a little like dust/dirt or what ever sticks to it will come off and sometimes ill use my mouse and it wont b smooth on that one spot. will that happen to that mousepad also?

Well, since frictionless is an impossible idea, I guess it was an exaggeration. The point of the RatPadz is to make the mouse effortlessly glide across the surface. Effortlessly, which is perfect for gaming since the quicker you can move the mouse, and the more precise, the better you do.

Also, why would you want a mousepad so big? Personally, I have my sensitivity so high on my mouse that I never move it more than 1-2 inches in any direction if that.

Well, since frictionless is an impossible idea, I guess it was an exaggeration. The point of the RatPadz is to make the mouse effortlessly glide across the surface. Effortlessly, which is perfect for gaming since the quicker you can move the mouse, and the more precise, the better you do.

Also, why would you want a mousepad so big? Personally, I have my sensitivity so high on my mouse that I never move it more than 1-2 inches in any direction if that.

well it doesnt serve just as a mosuepad, u can set your keyboard ontop of it so your keyboard doesnt slide and you get all the room you want for your mouse. imagine it as a desk cover but your mouse works on it basically lol! but like you said, the fast movement, i dont use my sensitiity low or super high, i liek it basically in the middle. with something that has less friction won't it be less precise if you want to move it jsut a tiny bit? my mousepad is a peice of crap. i dont really have experience with any really good gaming mouse pads.

* sorry for the maybe dumb questions and whatnot but i have $780 and getting over $200 this month for my B-Day and spending over 1 Grand building my new comp, i dont want to waste any money buyiing something that i hate and will have to replace*

Here's what I use with my Lachesis (the DeathAdder's big brother):
Newegg.com - RAZER RZ02-00030101-R2M1 eXactMat Mouse Pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories

26-999-016-S01

If you don't mind white, you can get the Razer Pro|Pad (exactly the same except for the color):
Newegg.com - RAZER Pro|Pad Mouse Pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories

17-114-326-S01

Both are dual sided, with one side super-smooth for speed and the other textured for precision. Awesome mousing surface.

Here's what I use with my Lachesis (the DeathAdder's big brother):
Newegg.com - RAZER RZ02-00030101-R2M1 eXactMat Mouse Pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories

26-999-016-S01

If you don't mind white, you can get the Razer Pro|Pad (exactly the same except for the color):
Newegg.com - RAZER Pro|Pad Mouse Pad - Mouse Pads & Accessories

17-114-326-S01

Both are dual sided, with one side super-smooth for speed and the other textured for precision. Awesome mousing surface.

Yeah, ive been reading about the exact mousepad, ive heard great reviews, since u have one, i have never used an aluminum mouse pad. i know that there are two sides, control and speed, but is the control side still like super slippery? i want it but im scared to buy it and its to fast and i dont want something that is wayy to fast.. i want something that glides smoothly but not to fast that i will overturn or something... Comparing to like, cloth? the control side is it wayyy faster than cloth or would someone get used to it in liek two days? Or does the control side slide as much as liek plastic ones do?

BTW: i would deffinetely have to get it in black lol, everything in meh room is basically black including meh deathadder and meh desk, soon meh keyboard.

I jsut now read that the pad texture wears off before a year? also it makes your mouses feet wear off alot faster, alot of people said that it was an amazing mouse pad when they got it... but they are saying that it has a horrific life span and after a while its already doing worse on them and they are searching for a new one. and some others said that it wore their feet from their mouse soo soon they changed it very soon and they used antifriction treatment on ir way to soon than it should be.

i thought that an aluminum mouse pad, GREAT it will last me a long time and no troubles with my mouse or the mosuepad! after reading im kinda second guessing?

Can you explain it to me better so i dont get the wrong idea?

No, the control side is not super-slick. The speed side is close to Teflon feeling, but the control side is more like the peel of an orange, but on a much smaller scale. I normally use the control side.

Either side you use, it doesn't take very long to get used to it. It took me longer to get accustomed to the sensitivity of my Lachesis than it did to get used to the eXactmat.

I've had mine for a year or more now with no discernible wear to either side so I don't know what they were smoking. You would have to have a mouse with no feet and sandpaper to do anything to it. As for mice feet, I have had my Lachesis for going on two years and the feet show no wear whatsoever and I have used the eXactmat, a cloth pad, and my desk as mousing surfaces. i have used no "anti-friction" treatments as the pad is slick enough. Trust me... most people who write a review on NewEgg don't have a clue what they are talking about.

To sum it up, I have had my Razer mouse for two years and have no wear on the feet. I have had my eXactmat over a year and have no wear whatsoever. I will happily recommend both to anyone as I know they will stand up to the wear and tear of both gaming and every day use.

No, the control side is not super-slick. The speed side is close to Teflon feeling, but the control side is more like the peel of an orange, but on a much smaller scale. I normally use the control side.

Either side you use, it doesn't take very long to get used to it. It took me longer to get accustomed to the sensitivity of my Lachesis than it did to get used to the eXactmat.

I've had mine for a year or more now with no discernible wear to either side so I don't know what they were smoking. You would have to have a mouse with no feet and sandpaper to do anything to it. As for mice feet, I have had my Lachesis for going on two years and the feet show no wear whatsoever and I have used the eXactmat, a cloth pad, and my desk as mousing surfaces. i have used no "anti-friction" treatments as the pad is slick enough. Trust me... most people who write a review on NewEgg don't have a clue what they are talking about.

To sum it up, I have had my Razer mouse for two years and have no wear on the feet. I have had my eXactmat over a year and have no wear whatsoever. I will happily recommend both to anyone as I know they will stand up to the wear and tear of both gaming and every day use.

Thanks man, i dont know what i could do without you trotter xD. you helped me earlier on my kinda seeing around wat my new rig is gonan be, i will need u again on november 27 xD, 26 is my b-day and i already checked, i thought iw as gonna haeve like 900$, ill b at like 1grand... so ill need you again for the new rig at end of november xD. thanks alot for all you rhelp and hopefully for your future help xD.

i'm gonna get the xtract mousepad cause i think you know what your talkin about and i saw sum good reviews. thanks ill order tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom