Need Help With a couple of Games..>

Status
Not open for further replies.

g4urd14n4ng3l

Solid State Member
Ok, I have a emachine T2460, and the updates I have are

1. nvidia-6200 GeForce Vidoe Card-(yes, and updated driver)

2.Onboard Sound Card-(which I had creative audigy 2 , but I thought it was making the problems for me so I removed it)

3. Antec 350 watt Power Supply-( and yes I have an extra fan blowing into the side on the Video Card)

4. All the Updated Drivers of Course for every Drive I have

5. AMD Athlon XP Processor- 1.99 GHz

6. 1 GB RAM-(Kingston)

Now, here is my problem....Its whenever I play Mostly Tiger Woods 06....Ill be playing for a while , time doesnt matter , but usually over 30 min...My monitor will go black, and my computer will freeze, cause I cant get back to desktop...I have to do a hard reset.....and the other night it happened on Sims 2....but here is the funny thing, I play Battelfield 2 which is the biggest demanding game I have and it plays fine ...no black screen or anything lol...help me please.ty.....................g4

odd, like it's overheating, but you say it doesn't do it durring BF2...

make sure the inside is clean...

try doing a windows repair...

Nope , Battlefield 2 runs great.....and so did Battlefield 1942....never went locked up or went black, It did once when I had Creative Lab Audigy 2 Sound card , but I took it off, so it hasnt since....Tiger Woods 06 and Sims are the only 2 that does this to me....if there was any conflicts, woudnt all my games do the same?

By the way , Ive did system restore for the billionth time, and downloaded all the drives and updates, im like a pro at all that stuff lol...Service pack 2 and all, every driver I have a multimedia device is updated......ty

g4urd14n4ng3l said:
By the way , Ive did system restore for the billionth time, and downloaded all the drives and updates, im like a pro at all that stuff lol...Service pack 2 and all, every driver I have a multimedia device is updated......ty

post a hijackthis! log...

have you tried a fresh install (format) or just a repair?

I'm not an expert with hijackthis!, but I'm sure someone(microbell) might fix something... *unless you've done it already...

1. it's an emachine. lol
2. did you try updating your chipset drivers
3. is there is patch for the game that you havn't applied yet. It sounds like an issue specific to the game.

4. If you have done a full restore it can't be something with the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom