Need a good replacement card for games

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
I have had an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB AGP card in my computer for the last 3+ years. Its now just starting to go bad, along with not being able to handle max graphics on the newest games. since my mobo can only take AGP video cards, whats a good new card thats out there that I can run max graphics, or real close to max graphics without any slowdowns? It needs to be AGP. Thanks!

The 7950 GT from NVidia is a nice card or so I've heard. It's a 512 Card on a 4/8 base. 550 Core / 1200 Mem.

Runs around 200$.

I ran a 9800 Pro for along time. Nice card. Then went to a X850 XT PE. Now I'm only Nvidia.

If you wanna stay with ATI, They make the X1650 Pro which is a 512 card as well. 4/8 Based with a core speed of 590 / 1380? Mem.

But only 12 pipelines, As the 7950GT has 24.

You can get a PCI-E board for relatively cheap, and then all PCI-e cards are cheaper than their AGP counterparts. Just something for you to consider. AGP cards are starting to get really expensive when you look at high-end cards.

I switched from AGP only about a month ago...
two good reasons to do that..

1. Cheaper
2. Better Preformance.

The best agp video card out now IMO is probably the X1950 Pro

the new king of agp is the gecube x1950xt, next to that is the x1950pro, followed by gainward7900gs+ GLH

personally i'd take the xt since its cheaper than the x1950 but the gecube is only 256 whereas the x1950 has 512/256.

if you wanna get a card i would recomend you get more than 512 mbs of video card ram if your planning on keeping this for a while, New technology, more power...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom