Baseband Member
My current PC is crap.
128MB video
RADEON X600 SE
2.5GB RAM
3.0Ghz CPU
XP
80GB HDD

I just want something that can run most games within a couple years old old at max or almost max.

I don't want to spend more than $800, but I'm not sure what good systems run for. The only ones I've seen are top notch and run between $1500-$3000.

Any suggestions?

Are you looking to build one yourself, or are you looking to buy one pre-made. You will not get anything that will do what you want (or even close) if you buy pre-made, however while you may skip on some of the "Luxury Items" you can build a computer that may fit your requirements. If you want to build your own, I am sure some people here (Including myself) will be willing to design or give their input for you.

Also, this should be in the hardware section

Well I assumed building one is by far the best choice in terms of cost vs. performance.
I'm just a bit hesitant to try it because I'm better at ripping electronics apart, rather than building them.

For someone with a basic understanding of computers, how hard would you say it is to build one, and is it worth it?

On a scale of 1 to 10? I built my first computer when I was 12, so... about a 2 or a 3.

It boils down to allot of research ahead of time to make sure the components are compatible and you have everything.

After that, if you did the research correctly it is just matching colors to colors and the length of a slot to the length of a card. It's like connect the dots.

It gets hard when you don't do the first step correctly and you have to start troubleshooting. Even then, its not hard, just time consuming.

It takes about an hour to assemble your first time. And about a day or so to troubleshoot your first time (If you need to), but you have us here, so.... Probably less :D

I'd say go for it!

Alright this doesn't sound too bad.
When I'm actually ready though I'll post back here.

This isn't somthing I plan on doing until at least a few months.

Wow thanks for the effort^^.

It's just too bad most of those offers have expired. Can I see the individual parts or similar ones?

Sorry, I don't remember what went in that. If I get some time, I'll put together a new build if you're going to be buying it this time. I don't want to waste my time again.

No don't bother. I'm not planning on buying anything until at least 6+months.
Thanks anyways though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom