Need advice w/ gaming on a Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

papatwist2003

Beta member
just graduated highschool and apple's laptops have caught my eye and was about ot buy one and heard that they suck for gaming, i only game about 1-2x a week but would still like to be able to game. I jsut want to know wat yalls input is on it and if its that bad gaming on one? and if it is that bad is it not smooth gameplay or wat makes it soo bad?

"Macintalkin..."

First off, anyone whoever told you that Macs suck for gaming is a complete idiot with no common sense. The only problem with Mac gaming is that there arent enough games for Mac, but that doesnt mean that they suck for gaming. :rolleyes:

Second, When people say Macs suck, most of the time they have never even used a Mac before. People are always bashing something because they are too stupid to figure it out, or they just want to "sound" smart. :rolleyes:

Third, the rest of the PC population that say Macs suck for anything is because they expect Macs to be too much like PCs. They arent supposed to be exactly the same as PCs, otherwise they wouldnt even be Macs.

There is absolutely no difference between Mac gaming and PC gaming. If you were to get a PC gamepad, most of them will work on both Mac and PC platforms.

Macs do NOT use Direct X, (DirectX is made by Microsoft) they use OpenGL and Quesa Quickdraw 3D, which are both pretty good hardware renderers.

If you get one gaming title for both Mac and PC, they will both be the exact same, and i garentee you will have the exact sama amount of fun. THERE IS NO REAL DIFFERENCE. ;) :cool:

Preach it RAGE! Yes yes and yes! Finally someone who is not biased towards Mac's and PC's! A second opinion to back up Rage's is yes, Macs are just as good as PC's when it comes to gaming (but far fewer games to choose from). A Mac's graphical capabilities sometimes exceed a PC's as well, depending upon what you may be doing. Mac's are super simple power hosues that most PC owners have no clue about! I use a Mac very frequently as do I use a PC so trust me, you are in just as good a shape with a high end PC as a high end Mac (again, just smaller game selection). Hehe. Sorry for the rambling, but I had to represent the Mac.

::-Chase-::

i was about to buy the 13.3 in macbook or w/e size it is yesterday and saw the last one being walked out in the parking lot, but i played around on it and the thougth of paying about 1400 for a 13 in screen didnt sound so appealing but ill probably do it anyways...

If you want to game, Mac probably wont be a good choice. There are barely any games for Mac, and it doesn't support DirectX which happens to be the best 3d rendering machine atm.

But most of the games that come out, do not come out for Mac. There's just not much demand for Mac Gaming, so game companies wont make it.

There are a lot of people who bash Macs without ever having used them, I've used both (although primarily windows) and for games macs are fine.

However they lack a lot of the games since a lot of developers make their games exclusively for windows.

Lastly, the most important thing regardless of operating system is a non intregrated video card. In a macbook I'm guessing that you probably arn't getting a dedicated video card, since a lot of what you are paying for is the brand. I honestly think your best bet would be to get an acer or something with a non intreated video card (x700 is a good mid ranged laptop card).

The choice is ultimatly up to you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom