Need advice on racing game and wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
I haven't tried racing games on a pc since I had my old HP P4 rig hooked up to a Logitech Driving Force PS2 wheel at least two years ago. So, I downloaded Toca Race Driver 3 trial, and got the ol' blue wheel out of the closet. I wasn't really impressed with Toca to begin with, but I can tell that this old wheel I'm using that was released back in the Gran Turismo 3 days has clearly had enough, and needs to be replaced. And honestly, it's specs aren't great at all by today's standard.

So, I need to find an awesome wheel for pc gaming. Lately, I've had my eye on the Logitech G25, which can be had for $220 last time I checked. Do any of you use this wheel? I drive a 6-speed occasionally irl, so I'm all for a clutch+H Pattern setup :)

Also, is GTR2 a good racing game? I'm very much into sports car racing, although I tend to follow ALMS rather than FIA GT. I looked up "Live for Speed", but I noticed all but one car is fake in that game, which is a big turnoff for me. Thanks for the help.

I only race Nascar Racing 2003 Season, which is the best simulation I have ever played...its made by Papyrus, and even though it is old, it will still run you around $75-$100 ON E-BAY....It has mods for open wheel cars....trucks...sports cars....you name it and there is a mod for it.

It has quite abit of a sttep learning curve, because you must learn how to set-up your car{from lots of adjustments} and you must learn to drive all of the different lines on the racetrack, and be able to save your tires ect...ect...

Once you can it down it is PURE HEAVEN. Definitley my favorite real sim of all-time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom