NBA Live 2005- Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebayfreak

Banned
Does anyone have NBA Live 2005 for PC?? If so, post your comments. I'm interested in seeing what you guys think of it.

Well, NBA Live 05 on Xbox is crap... ESPN is way better. BUT... if you are looking for the best B-Ball game on a PC, it probably is NBA Live 05 as I haven't heard of any other basketball games for PC other than the EA games.

Live 2005 is the ONLY NBA game on PC.

Anyways I have it. Graphics are better than console. Gameplay is still too little arcade like. In fact, I still think Live 2000 has the best simulation out of all the Live PC series.

The dunk comp is fun but confusing and almost impossible without joystick. Freestyle adds a lot to gameplay. I play on allstar and basically dominate all PC opponents. Should try superstar next time. Some of the cyberfaces look nothing like the players but then there are others which look really good unlike 2004 where I thought all of them looked pretty bad. Live series always has great ambience but this year's crowd looks horrible compared to 2004 but ambience sound is excellent crowd chants and all.

Dynasty is excellent but stat keeping could use improvement. One other thing GREAT about Live 2000 although you don't have dynasty but a career mode or something like that is its player stat keeping. It is basically like what nba.com has where it shows a player's stats of each year of his career on one screen and it totals it ups and gives averages. In 2005 they show year by year and has no career totals.

PC also has another great advantage...PATCHES. At least now I have a Michael Jordan, Hakeem, Ewing, Stockton and more in my game. I'm an NBA freak so I like up to date rosters when I play but I have no time to keep it up to date so thank goodness for the roster patchers out there. Another advantage over console.

But in terms Live vs. ESPN. ESPN is better...gameplay more realistic although the 2005 ESPN was a garbage upgrade to 2004.

Overall, 8/10. Second best Live PC series to only Live 2000.

yeah i agree with pretty much all you said, although i've never tried NBA Live 2000.
The dunk comp is fun but confusing and almost impossible without joystick.
yeah i agree there- its verrry difficult to do some of those very advanced ones!

I played it for about 2days and then got bored, but thats just me, im not really into sport games.

i play keyboard- i find that its a lot easier that anything else. i use control, shift, arrow keys, 0 on numpad, ?/ key, space, and some different letters. its fun- i just have trouble with the dunk contest. they make all these games on default for like PS2 and it doesnt work right on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom