Napoleon: Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Just wanted to make this thread to let TF know that Napoleon has been released if anyone didn't catch it. I've only played a few hours but it has a lot of improvements from Empire.

Trailer:
YouTube - Napoleon: Total War Trailer

Video I uploaded of a pretty cool battle. No sound but quality isn't bad for a 10GB file being encoded into a 94MB .mp4 file. Artillery is very cool.
http://www.xfire.com/video/22fbf5/

The last one I played was Rome : Total War.

I assume same concept, different time frame?

Rome Total War really got me into wanting to learn about the history.

I played Shogun, Medieval, and Rome total war (plus barbarian expansion). Then I got empire total war and was put off completely.
Here's hoping they didn't fail this one

i just watched a 10 minute video on a multiplayer battle.....it seems okay.. but by watching it closely I noticed the units didn't respond all that much..they just stood around for the most part :\

plus it didn't explain how the things got there..game started with huge armies on both sides lol

looks fun though..might be it later when the price drops or I get a lot more money lol

idk, that kind of rts game just never appealed to me. I want a new age of empires.

^which kind of AOE tho? The oldstyle (AOE 1, 2, +expansions) or the newstyle (AOE 3 onwards)
original style ftw.

I want a newstyle, AOE3 is one of the best RTS games ever. It has a nice balance of economy and combat. As long as you don't play treaty games, cause those are a waste of time and take no skill at all..

I'm only buying it if they added a console - that was my main disappointment with Empire. After 10+ fully played campaigns I now want to do what I did in Rome all the time - billions of money and autobuild/recruit :) I know there's a CheatHappens trainer for it but I'm not paying £30 for one trainer.

I love every AoE game, especially the first two and Age of Mythology. AoE 3 was good but lacking something I could never put my finger on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom