Myst Will Be Missed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spork 2.0

In Runtime
Recent news about Cyan, the company behind the Myst game and its subsequent sequels (4 I believe), stripping down its work force to a "skeleton crew" as one news site described it has made me all nostalgic to go and dust off my original copy of Myst.

Does anyone have any fond memories of the series that they'd like to share? Anyone still remember how cool it was that all that great stuff was on one of those new fangled CD-ROMs?

P.S. It took me literally 10 years to find and do everything in that game, not of straight gameplay mind you. :)

ive still got a couple of spiral noteboosk full of notes i took while playing the original myst....good times, good times. It may not have sounded like fun, but solving those puzzles was incredibly satisfying.

They are getting ready to release Myst V - End of Ages, which will be the final game in the series. For some reason I can't get my original "Myst for Windows 95" to work with Windows XP.

the myst saga is getting old no doubt, they want to do something new. as long as they keep pushing technology and graphics. i'm interested to see how they achieve video in a 3d world for myst 5

riven was my favorite, always wanted a 3d version of it. myst 5 will probably be decent but from the screenshots looks too much like uru to me, not enough interesting environments to look at.

Now that I think of it I actually had a book that came out a little before Riven, it was all about where Myst came from and even gave hints about what Riven was going to be like. I wonder where it is...

Are you sure it wasn't PYST? lol I cracked up laughing in the middle of Wal-mart back when I saw this on the store shelves.

pyst3jh.jpg

First time I played Myst was back in 5th grade. It was loaded on some POS computer that we had in the classroom, and me and two friends use to stay in during recess and play it until we beat it. Good times...man. That was over 8 years ago I think....Freshman in college now.

im glad games like myst are dying, my mum ends up using my comp for hours! she turns into a zombie I dispise such games for making my mum play on my pc. let her stick to console rpgs please and not enter my world of pc gaming!

The original myst was awesome, riven was ok, myst 3 sucked... and its down hill from there....nuff said... (I LOVED THE PIRATE SHIP! and the lights! and that dial thing! and the sun! ohhhh myst was cool..... YOU SUCK RIVEN MYST3 AND ...uh... uru!...!!! (by the way... in my humble opinion i think the 2d point and click thing was way cooler than this craptacular run around 3d uru thing...... just my opinion..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom