My Razer Peripherals Review(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I got my Razer DeathAdder mouse on saturday, and for those of you who can't be bothered to read the review, i will keep it short - i wouldn't buy any gameing peripherals from any other brand, from now on.

And for those of you who can be bothered to read..

The Razer DeathAddder

The problem is many people have a mouse that they game with and say, it's fine, how can a mouse be better you ask yourself, read on !
This mouse uses a 3G infrared laser, its supposed to offer superior smoothing tracking than that of laser mouses, which is most definitely good thing. And i can confidently say it lives up to this remark, and some more.

Upon plugging it into my USB slot i immediately noticed smoother tracking, more precise, it just went were i wanted it to go. And this was just on windows. I installed the software that came with it and was just as impressed with it as the mouse itself. You can adjust anything you want, the DPI (dots per inch, basicly, how precise it is) the polling rate (how many times the mouse position is updated per second), with 1000 being the best. You can adjust scroll speed, x axis sensitivity, y axis, accaleration etc etc.

Anyway... into the games, first up CS:S. My kill/death ration previously hovered around 1.3 to 1.7 per match. After my first round of de-dust 2 i had a quick check and o - m - g. A k/d ratio of 3.3, this improved even more as i got used to the mouse's extreme precision and ability to track flawlessly at any speed you move your mouse with no negative acceleration.

After 7 hours of using this mouse on CS i was very very impressed. I returned to desktop and cracked open Firefox. Even doing simple things like this double in speed, as theres no small adjustments near the button to get it right on. Its already there, were you intended for it to go.

All this heavy useage was giveing me RSI in my arm, so i took my hand off the mouse and just as i went to turn the light off i noticed that sexy looking glowing logo on the back :eek: :D - I stared at it for the next 15 minutes :p.

On reflection i noticed that the buttons are extremely responsive, but are just firm enough to avoid any accidental clicks. The buttons on the side can be programmed to be used as Macro buttons, copy and paste, return to desktop, pretty much anything.

All in all this is just about a perfect mouse, it's extremely ergonomic, attractive, and has performance to match.

Because of this i will be purchasing most of the Razer products over the next month or two to improve my gameing some more, the HP1 headphones with matching soundcard, the Tarantula keyboard and one of the gameing mats.

So, check back in a while :D

Oo... and go buy a razer mouse ! any of them, i have no doubt there all fantastic - although people do say the deathadder is the best of the lot :D

heh heh heh... another convert...
surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif

Does the Death Adder's logo fade in and out like the Lachesis?

expensive (relative to price of mice) im sure, but well worth it. i love my copperhead more then a man should love a mouse (more then george anyway, kudos to whoever understands that) and yeah i was thinking about buying the tarantula, but it was just too expensive to justify, and when i saw the saitek on sale for like 33 bucks, I couldn't pass it up and had to buy it, and i love it.

I got to admit that i love my Razer mouse. Ever since i bought it a couple years ago. I have only the Diamondback but it was still worth it. Back then it was one of the best if not the best in DPI as it has 1600. :p

Previously i was using a Logitech gaming mouse and i must say this thing blew it out of the water. The Logitech mouse broke down after just a few months. THis thing is so hard core it has been going for a couple years now. I still ahve yet to do any damage to this mouse.

So yeah Razer came highly recommended from a buddy in the UK to me. It was a good thing that some US sites had just started to sell them. I was happy.

yes2bb.gif

I got my Razer DeathAdder mouse on saturday, and for those of you who can't be bothered to read the review, i will keep it short - i wouldn't buy any gameing peripherals from any other brand, from now on.

And for those of you who can be bothered to read..

The Razer DeathAddder

The problem is many people have a mouse that they game with and say, it's fine, how can a mouse be better you ask yourself, read on !
This mouse uses a 3G infrared laser, its supposed to offer superior smoothing tracking than that of laser mouses, which is most definitely good thing. And i can confidently say it lives up to this remark, and some more.

Upon plugging it into my USB slot i immediately noticed smoother tracking, more precise, it just went were i wanted it to go. And this was just on windows. I installed the software that came with it and was just as impressed with it as the mouse itself. You can adjust anything you want, the DPI (dots per inch, basicly, how precise it is) the polling rate (how many times the mouse position is updated per second), with 1000 being the best. You can adjust scroll speed, x axis sensitivity, y axis, accaleration etc etc.

Anyway... into the games, first up CS:S. My kill/death ration previously hovered around 1.3 to 1.7 per match. After my first round of de-dust 2 i had a quick check and o - m - g. A k/d ratio of 3.3, this improved even more as i got used to the mouse's extreme precision and ability to track flawlessly at any speed you move your mouse with no negative acceleration.

After 7 hours of using this mouse on CS i was very very impressed. I returned to desktop and cracked open Firefox. Even doing simple things like this double in speed, as theres no small adjustments near the button to get it right on. Its already there, were you intended for it to go.

All this heavy useage was giveing me RSI in my arm, so i took my hand off the mouse and just as i went to turn the light off i noticed that sexy looking glowing logo on the back :eek: :D - I stared at it for the next 15 minutes :p.

On reflection i noticed that the buttons are extremely responsive, but are just firm enough to avoid any accidental clicks. The buttons on the side can be programmed to be used as Macro buttons, copy and paste, return to desktop, pretty much anything.

All in all this is just about a perfect mouse, it's extremely ergonomic, attractive, and has performance to match.

Because of this i will be purchasing most of the Razer products over the next month or two to improve my gameing some more, the HP1 headphones with matching soundcard, the Tarantula keyboard and one of the gameing mats.

So, check back in a while :D

Oo... and go buy a razer mouse ! any of them, i have no doubt there all fantastic - although people do say the deathadder is the best of the lot :D

Congrats...another happy Razer fan. Gotta love those Razer mice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom