Is My pc good for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

PorkChopz

Baseband Member
Well i need to upgrade my pc most definatly but i dont know what to upgrade i am mostly gaming but get frustrated by have lots of frame rate drops okay so my rig is 9500gt DDR2,s-series GA-M52L-S3P Motherboard
I run windows 7 ultimate 64 bit/4GB of ram/amd Athlon 64 dual core processor 5200+

PS I always have 1.41GB of ram used constantly please say if its normal

The 9500gt isn't a very good card for gaming and the Athlon CPU's are a bit outdated. The best thing you could do for your rig would be to get a new video card, although you need a power supply that can handle a more powerful GPU.

I'd have to agree. A new graphics card would do the trick, if you can support it.

As to the memory problem, check to see what processes you have running at boot up. If you have a bunch of miscellaneous stuff that you don't need I'd recommend turning them off, and not allowing them to start at boot.

Could i have any suggestions for around £100 graphics card ill get to the cpu later also i have a good psu so thats no problem

Just go on a compter site and choose the most expensive model of card you can afford from AMD or nVidia for that price. You can definitely get some decent cards for £100, especially if you look 2nd hand.

Nvidia GTX460/465/470
Nvidia GTX550Ti

AMD 6750/6770 will play games you want pretty well.

In fact, on my iMac i had AMD 6750M version (The M for Mobile versions are even slower) And i played all the games i normally do at medium to high settings with decent frame rates.

Just check they are compatible with your PC.

ingnore my last post yes i have got 750w psu also would ram do anything for memy main game is minecraft lol but i play games like bf2 and i get poor frames at low and crysis i enjoy but still get bad frames

ingnore my last post yes i have got 750w psu also would ram do anything for memy main game is minecraft lol but i play games like bf2 and i get poor frames at low and crysis i enjoy but still get bad frames

Depends.Though RAM is really cheap at the moment, so it's a great time to buy it. Not many games will take advantage of systems with over 4Gb of ram though. But it's nice to have, you will need it in the years to come for sure.

Whats PSU brand is it ? 750w doesn't mean much if it's made by Toys 'R Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom