My new CS and CSS maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you wanna create your own server you gotta static your ip, open port 27015, and some other stuff (if you don't the ip address will be 192.168.0.xxx instead of your real ip, like mine is 24.54.252.xx)

dj-chris taught me once and it worked but i had to hard reset my router and now the settings are all gone

Okay, I fixed the CS map and uploaded to the host site. Should be fully functional. Enjoy. BTW- great for 4 player LAN parties!

looks good! I have asked the server admin for my clan to add it to the server and will give it a try as soon as its up there and let you know how it goes.

o man, i just started playing with hammer and makes me appreciate those maps a lot more, lol. how long have you been using hammer? and are there anyother good sites u recommend other than the ones in your sig?

ok I have it and have played it with bots. It fundementaly sound. A few things to look at.

1) you have a ufo in behind the market building and in front on the apartments not sure what it is.
2) The doors do not seal all the way so you can see into the building
3) I like the way you put the trap door on the roof, but no one would build anything like that. I suggest you change it to a metal trap door, or even better make it a vent of some sort that you have to crouch to get into and have grates you shoot out to get into the building.
4) Loose the crates on the roof, there is no need for them and there is no way that anyone in real life would put them up there. Haveing something up there is cool though so you can snipe from cover. Maybe a huge sign?
5) If you get right up against the wall you will stick out through it. Thus you are clearly visable from outside. While this is great for stopping campers, it sux if you are trying to sneak up on them.
6) This is just a suggestion. You have that very cool center garden/monument area. I think it would be supper cool if you had like a tunnel or somthing from there under the building. Make it like an air conditioning shaft or somthing, even a city sewar access.

Other than that good job.

Well, thanks for the feedback. I had only been using Hammer for about a week before I started on this map. I was kinda learning as I went. My next map is gonna take a while as I'm focusing alot more on detail and fun gameplay styles. Look for it's release in like... I dunno, 3 or 4 months.
EDIT: yeah I hate that f--kin UFO thingy. If you go up there in freelook mode I think It's actually a huge version of my map. I have no idea what it does.

nice job on the maps. i have talked to our clan server admin to see if he would like to run this map (CC:S). we have two guys in our clan that mess with hammer. i tried to work with it, i just ended up with a box, street, and space. major props. im also just to impatient to sit there and actually work with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom