My new computer specs for Half Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidWatersUGP

Baseband Member
Hey Everyone, got a quick question, more like asking if you guys would recommend anything else...I recently built a new computer and I want to get ready for Half Life 2, being in the gaming industry myself.

I have not been much of a PC gamer until the last year or so. I currently have only a GeForce 2, which is being replaced...and I'm getting some more RAM so all together I have this:

Processor: 3.2 GHz Pentium 4 Prescott w/ HT, 1MB Cache, 800FSB
Graphics Card: Albatron NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra (or 6600U)
RAM: 256MB DDR + 512MBDDR

I think I'm pretty much ready, the rest of my specs are below if you need anything else. I'm assuming everything is alright...not showing off or anything like that, just wondering if you guys have any opinion or suggestions. Thanks.

I've heard the ATI cards work better for HL2...

well the Nvidia 6800GT will work fine for HL2. Yes the ATI cards SHOULD work better but the funny thing is they dont!! the Nvidia cards totally PWN ATI even at its own game!! Oh and might i ask what kind of ram?

im not sure Nvdia will own ati on HL2 cause HL2 is a openGL game and ATI is alot better at OpenGL than Nvidia

5 3 l< 0 said:
im not sure Nvdia will own ati on HL2 cause HL2 is a openGL game and ATI is alot better at OpenGL than Nvidia

Actually, its Nvidia that runs OpenGL better, and HL2 is a D3D9 game, however, the 6800 series pwns the X800s in both OpenGL and D3D performance.

Yup, your pc will rock.

Both ATi and nVIDIA will pwn at this game.

So far though nVIDIA is getting the better scores with the source engine.

Unfortunately the ATi vs. Nvidea always comes up where it is not needed. And it usually starts with the Nvidea die hard fans :sigh: Like someone else said earlier, both top end cards are more than enough and will rock the game. Plus - Once the game comes out plenty more "results" will come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom