My last e-mail to microsoft tech support about Aoe3

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
Basically, if you guys didn't know, age of empires 3 is buggy as shit. You can't play a game for more then 10 minutes without having a system reboot, and if you do manage to connect to Ensemble Online, you'll be kicked off because of "Sync Errors" in the game play, oh yeah, and you can never really win a game, because at the end of the game, everyone starts lagging (same at with the beginning) and is kicked, meaning you don't get experiance for your win or loss.

So I opened up a case with microsoft tech support so I could troubleshoot my problems, my system is well beyond the reccomended requirements and I can run well over a dozen games at good settings and play smoothly with no problems at all. I did everything my tech support guy told me to do (his name was Vaibav somethingsomething, Microsoft loves its customers so much they outsourced everything to India, and to say the least, the parts of India I'm sure where a fluent English speaker is hard to be found). I updated drivers, flashed my bios, hell I even reformatted... TWICE! All thinking my beloved Ensemble Studio's made an amazing game which should be running. I was blaming my own system and thought it was because of my integrated sound (Aoe3 has a problem with Realtek AC97 sound aswell, go figure) so I was considering buying a new soundcard, and then I got to my grips and read the agecommunity.com forums. At first I thought I was the only one experiancing these stability issues, but it turns out there are dozens more on these forums, some who can not even load up the game, and if they do it crashes, there are problems ranging from lockups to crashes to freezes during loading screen. Those who can play the game successfully complain of the horrible Ensemble Online experiance of lag and disconnects which plague the online games, and the unfairness of their rating system, putting n00bs with higher card decks above better players (In a warcraft comparison, its like you are a high level player vs. a n00b, you win, you get some points and the n00b gets like a million, so you only go to level 2, and the noob goes to level 30). Finally, I reply to my tech support guy saying nothing he has reccomended I try has worked and I am starting to get a bit frustrated. So he responds to me and tells me there is something wrong with my operating system and that I have to reformat yet again. That was the final straw. I'm sick and tired of whats been happening so I responded to his email.

I already did haha. Vaibhav I reformatted twice within the last week.
I have no idea whats going on! I looked at the message boards at
www.agecommunity.com and realized many others like me have the same
problems. From lockups, to crashes, to stability issues in general. I
am absolutely disappointed in the quality of the game released by
Microsoft, and to think I have always been an advocate of Microsoft
and its fine lineup of products, and I can't believe such a buggy
product was released to the market without fully being tested.
Seriously Vaibhav, I'm sure telling you this isn't doing anything, and
that is what makes me so frustrated! I payed $60 Canadian so I could
BETA TEST this game and report its bugs to Microsoft. I feel used,
cheated, and extremely angry. Chances are, I'm sure there is nothing
you can do except RMA my CD set, which I do not want you to do. Now
all I can do is wait for the patch, which again, I'm sure isn't going
to solve my problems, and if it does, then I'll be a bit relieved, but
still, I won't forget what happened to me and the fact that I was
getting tech support on a game that you guys probably knew was buggy,
but still put me through hell with all your diagnostic steps. My
system is fine. It's well over reccomended requirements and it plays
dozens of other high-end games fine with no problems, and you know
why? Your competition actually cares about its customers, they have a
passion for the games they make and they ensure that the games are
fixed and ready to play before releasing it and taking everyones
money.

I'm sure you don't care, because you're just a tech guy in India who
probably doesn't even play any of the games you offer support for (and
may I add, you did do a good job during the tech support process, but
really, I saw the same Microsoft Help Support page you did, I could've
done the same steps myself, your inability to think for yourself and
dynamically help me was disappointing). The point of this letter is,
one of Microsoft's customers is seriously angry and disappointed as a
whole (and look at the agecommunity.com forums, I'm sure its just not
me), maybe I'll remember what happened to me this last month with this
game next time I'm back at the game store looking at the game shelves.

Thanks Vaibhav, have a good day

I'm getting really pissed off with it too. I've been waiting for this game a long time and I can't even play it.

are you guys solely talking about multiplayer issues or what?

I haven't had a single problem with single player...no system reboots or any other weird crap like that....runs exactly like it should.

Nubius said:
are you guys solely talking about multiplayer issues or what?

I haven't had a single problem with single player...no system reboots or any other weird crap like that....runs exactly like it should.

You're either a minority, or are lying! Try multiplayer.

I also have only played single player, but haven't had any problems playing it. I have played some matches vs. AI for like 3-4 hours. No system reboots or anything like that. Didn't try multiplayer, but I did try LAN thing and me and my cousin couldn't get it to work or figure it out.

well, looks like I might be waiting to get AOE 3. Then again I'd probably one play single player anyway. I'm an uber noob when it comes to these games and usually get owned online. I need a certified noob to play against... "Nubius"? lol / j.k

May-be i'll pick up COD 2 instead.

You're either a minority, or are lying! Try multiplayer.
It'd be ridiculous for a game to be screwed up on 99% of peoples computer....I haven't had a single problem with the game at all...the only thing that happens is sometimes the sound of the people fighting gets cut off which the latest patch SAID it fixed but it still happens.

Definitely no system reboots or crap like that...sounds more like some piece of your hardware is screwed up.

I need a certified noob to play against... "Nubius"?
when it comes to RTS games I definitely am a certified 'nubius' that's why I don't like playing these particular games online because crazy ass people get all serious and you are dead within 5 minutes and it's no fun

Gigabite said:
I also have only played single player, but haven't had any problems playing it. I have played some matches vs. AI for like 3-4 hours. No system reboots or anything like that. Didn't try multiplayer, but I did try LAN thing and me and my cousin couldn't get it to work or figure it out.

does it take u 3-4 hours to win...?
and no i have had no problems with single player...

Nothing is wrong with any of my hardware. Alll my other games run fine, with no problems whatsoever. Its just this one game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom