My FPS in Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after the scene I started playing and the thing was still running. Oh yeah, dx9 gives me higher fps than dx10 but that is only because it forces me down to high.

Maybe I am confused on how you benchmark Crysis as I only benchmarked Warhead but at no time do you have the game running and actually play the game during benchmarks. The benchmark tool should allow you to pick your settings and then you start the benchmark. Once it starts you will see Crysis pull up and start to play on it's own.

As for dx9 forcing you down to high again I am confused there. I just launched Warhead on DX9 and it allowed me to go to max settings.

Idk man, that is what this tool is doing, and that is what dx9 does to my regular crysis. I don't think it is anything out of the ordinary, because when you look on your graphics settings, there is a line separating very high from the rest of the choices. In dx10 I can select this. In dx9 I can't.

It's for a friend of mine actually, we discussed parts and pricing this was the best bang for there budget. Unfortunately we're not getting any video and the entire machine is put together ???

The e8400 would crush the chip he has chosen, and puddle's build is definitely worth the extra $150, it is better in every way. That AMD build is old technology. If he is such a fanboy then he should at least get a cpu from this generation. For the price Puddle's build is hard to beat.

Well, The current AMD build I put together was without my ego in mind. I put together a machine that had one singular purpose in mind, stability and mid to low range gaming. It doesn't take much to run FFXI at the max settings and multi-task. In comparison to my current rig, this definately does a lot better. I can't/won't be able to upgrade to the quadcores without putting out another hundred or so dollars to get a new motherboard and processor.

That is a good point. I just read his sig and assumed he wanted AMD, but if he was considering i7 and only turned it down on price, then I guess he will be very open to your suggestions :D

Yes, I just wanted AMD, of course, this is why I posted to these forums anyone. I appreciate the suggestions but that one cooling fan for the CPU was a b$#@ for them to put all together.

I think he just wants to stick with AMD because he is a fan. And if he does, the combination of his build with my changes comes out to ~$550

I think we may RMA some parts. I originally heard that they ran into some graphics card issues on the biostar. If possible I will reschedule some things to get back some money with the turn over of events. Thanks for the prompt replies however.

also, the biostar HD4370 looks pretty good. There is a touch screen monitor she is looking at in the near future, but we need to figure out why there is no video. :(

Ok, I finally got this thing to work. It must not have been working because I didn't have the service pack or something. Anyway, have a look. How come tigerdirect can get 38 average on a gtx 280 19x12, but I can only get like 26 19x12 with a 285????? This makes no sense to me.

Attachments

• Crysis bench 1920x1200.jpg
    Crysis bench 1920x1200.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Crysis bench 1680x1050.jpg
    Crysis bench 1680x1050.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Crysis bench 1920x1200 CPU.jpg
    Crysis bench 1920x1200 CPU.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 49
Albert never mentions what CPU he uses... his CPU could be a lot better than yours for all you know, and that's making the difference

But I have an i7. I don't think those were even out when he did his bench. Isn't Crysis quad-core optimized? Would I see much higher fps after ocing?

Noo... probably like 1 or 2 FPS at most..

OC'ing only helps in benchmarks the most drastically

At low resolutions no, but when the resolutions get higher and higher, the game becomes less and less CPU dependent, the gains you get reduce and reduce

Wow...I was truly unaware at how bad crysis is optimized....

Nice system btw druid. Don't feel bad.
OCing is usefull. Vern said "dramatically", but it'll still give you "some" boost. That boost is generally useless especially since your setup will play everything maxed expect stupid crysis.

Not sure about the i7 OC...but stuff like the E8400 can OC to 4.0+

Crysis is badly optimized, Ricanflow and I call it Crapsis for good reason :p

The Core i7 can do 4.0ghz assuming the person who is OC'ing knows what they are doing...

Nosboost, AP4LFTN managed 4.0ghz.. If I remember correctly AP's was at stock too.. mind you his temps sucked..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom