Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Core i7 920
Gtx 285
6 GB Ram
P6T x58 mobo

I've installed all the drivers that come on the discs (this included dx 9 and dx 10 apparently), but I'm only getting 20ish frames when putting everything up on very high with 1920 x 1200. No AA of course. I did try throwing on 2x AA, but it didn't seem to effect it much. The 285 came out just over a month ago, so I'm assuming the discs had all the latest stuff.

Anyway, I do not have all the updates for 64 bit vista ultimate nor do I have any patches for crysis yet. Should I expect to see my fps double after updating these things or could something else be the issue? I sure hope I would because I know the gtx 280 got an average of 36 in crysis with everything very high and 1920x1200 when the guys at tigerdirect tested it out. I saw it in one of their videos. Btw, I'm getting a solid 90 fps with cod4 maxed.

It is freezing right after it finishes loading and tells me to press any key to start. Is it supposed to just start a new game? I thought it did a run of the island. Why does it ask for time of day if it just starts in the beginning at night.

Core i7 920
Gtx 285
6 GB Ram
P6T x58 mobo

I've installed all the drivers that come on the discs (this included dx 9 and dx 10 apparently), but I'm only getting 20ish frames when putting everything up on very high with 1920 x 1200. No AA of course. I did try throwing on 2x AA, but it didn't seem to effect it much. The 285 came out just over a month ago, so I'm assuming the discs had all the latest stuff.

Anyway, I do not have all the updates for 64 bit vista ultimate nor do I have any patches for crysis yet. Should I expect to see my fps double after updating these things or could something else be the issue? I sure hope I would because I know the gtx 280 got an average of 36 in crysis with everything very high and 1920x1200 when the guys at tigerdirect tested it out. I saw it in one of their videos. Btw, I'm getting a solid 90 fps with cod4 maxed.

First off, COD4 and Crysis cannot be compared in this manner, they are using two completely different graphic engines.

Secondly, the numerical value of FPS in crysis is irrelevant, all that matters is whether or not it feels smooth. Does it lagh or even feel choppy?

I tried the original crysis and warhead on my X2, 1920 X 1200 4AA 2 AF, 20 fps and 24 fps respectively on average, but they both felt butter smooth, no lagh or choppyness.

Unless your into just seeing how high you can get it..

I was just seeing for fun.. no at those settings it runs smooth as can be.
On very high ya it gets choppy and slows way down.

unpatched and at those resolutions/settings 20fps is about average. at 1680x1050 i got about 20ish with everything very high with a gtx 260 no AA. after patch it might go up to about 30-35

I was just seeing for fun.. no at those settings it runs smooth as can be.
On very high ya it gets choppy and slows way down.

I forgot to mention that everything was maxed using an autoconfig file..

Try playing with motion blur, you can make it much smoother by turning it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom