my fallout 3 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
[spoilers]

surprisingly, I skipped the 'hideaway' location and went to the metro directly. while there, I just looked directly at my local map and fallowed my way to that manhole, and on the map it showed an exit, so I just went directly there and saw that the manhole worked exactly like a door.. I didn't have to kill anybody either, I just talked my way through with the 'vampires' and convinced Ian to go back home and the head vampire gave me a reward

[end of spoiler]

by the way, has anybody built the shiskabab yet? It's a pretty awesome weapon I think; a gas-powered flaming sword :D sets fire to whomever you strike, real badass

its really really usefull against super mutants, i like it more then guns imo. tears things up.

I carry around a friggin arsenal, lol. Let me think... Scoped .44, Sniper Rifle, Minigun (Eugene), "Super" 10mm SMG, Shiskabob, Frag Grenades, Plasma Rifle, Combat Shotgun and Chinese Assault Rifle. And that doesn't count what I have stored in my locker at my house. Currently wearing Tesla Armor cause I like the look, although I admit I kinda like the Ranger armor better since I don't loose any stats.

Edit: Cannot beleive I forgot about the Fat Man and my Missile Launcher.

ill say again, i dont like the RPG style that the Oblivion makers have n the animation was so poor it made everyone look like robots with crappy AI. The only cool thing that really stand out n was original was finding ur targets weakness, freakin brilliant!

Fallout 3, ur off my list!

rented it for PS3 btw.

bethesda has confirmed they are allready working on a new project going to be ready around january 2010, they also said it could be es5 the continuation to oblivion. hope they make a new engine, i saw this on electric playground. aslong as we get an expantion for fall out 3. just 1 is all i want.

This game is awesome, my PC works now - so ive been playing for about 5 hours. For some reason i havn't got any sense of a large open world yet, where i can go through built up areas seems to be very very very restricted. Somehow none of this bothers me, every second of the game is enjoyable. The percentage system is a bit hit and miss, 5 bullets easily miss on a 70percent hit chance - but meh.

VAT points are aquired to easy, far to easy, i'm not really moaning since it is so insainly fun - but it does make it quite easy. Unlike other people, i find the ammo balance perfect. I never have surplus but i rarely have to little, if i fight well and smartly i have enough ammo to get me through most fights, aslong as i search around and pick up all remaining ammo.

The game has crashed out on me more than Far Cry 2 has surprisingly, but because this game is atleast 300better polished than FarCry 2 i wouldn't hesitate to give it 9.7/10 I just love it.

I just came off then game and looked for some mods, there are allready some retextures and a few other things :) The list of weapons in the game i found makes me really excited for friday evening after school, some of the weapons sound great fun :D

Overall, mightily impressed.

hint to anyone do all the quests in megaton then kill everyone loot everyone then blow up the city. you will get a sniper that never breaks down!!! and a very nice apartment, you can work your way back up to being good from there. you can find your way to the tower and fight your way to getting the sniper but make sure you have a big boy and alot of mini nukes, and a missile launcher with a lot of missiles because once you beat everyone and then you leave the tower the enclave sends 4 men in power armourd suits which cannot be penetrated with conventional wepons "hense" the big boy and missile launcher. the sniper is aparently worth it anyway you do it, uses the same rounds as the hunting rifle. also to anyone wodnering how to wear power armour you need to level up to a point where you can unlock the perk. or have some one train you giving you the perk.

in the museum of history, i think, was the lincolns repeater in a protective case stand. Uses 44. its amazing. ill kill enclave in one headshot half the time, in two the rest. headshots when they have full health and power armor and kills? thats amazing. kills super brutes very fast too. get charon. it will help sooooooooo much. in the ghoul city, talk to zheks or something like that in the ninth circle and get his quest to kill greata. but you have to do it stealthly. so i basically walked in with a minigun and blew everyone in the room away so no one could yell. :D

SPOILER

when you get fawkes, then also charon, the game is just rediculously easy, but, once you get fawkes, theres like 5 guys you have to kill. its pointless. i mean i guess you could fast travel and finish other quests, but why give him to you as the games practically over?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom