my fallout 3 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
possible spoiler alert!

first off, ive played around 10-12 hours but am mostly doing the side missions and not just blowing through it. that aside, its amazing. vats is tons of fun, storyline is good, what you do actually impacts the entire world, lots of awesomeness. actually, ive only come across two faults. One is ammo. Youll use half your ammo on a sinlge super brute half the time, and then someone barely kill the next. Well, if theres tons of em, that goes real fast. But, its still possible.

The other though,really ****es me off. Finding things. Ill be in the area to find something. be right around it, and wont be able to find it. This has happened three times. Each time, i cant find the **** thing. For example, i was in the gnr radio station, and to train power armor one of the paladins said find the guy at the lab. So, i look for the lab. for an hour. cant find it. maybe im just an idiot but i couldent find it at all.

Also, my health is always low. could be my play style, but stimpacks are scarce

now, on to the good things, nothing, i repeat nothing, is more fun then vats'ing with a hunting rifle, point black headshot, and watching there head explode, in slow motion!!!

yeah, this game totally rocks my socks off, my only complaint maybe is that it's a little too similar to Oblivion, but how is that a bad thing? Like, this is really one of the best games I've ever played, I've just played for about 7 hours straight now, it's awesome, this blows similar games like Far Cry 2 or Clear Sky completely out of the water..

btw, I find frag grenades incredibly effective against super brute, actually grenades are pretty effective against anything, vats'ing grenades is totally fun

what weapons have you found?

yea i use tons of grenades. i pick em up off brutes alot too.

i mainly use my chinese assault rifle, minigun, but that uses WAY to much ammo, like i go through 100 rounds in 6 seconds or something
i use a 10mm sub for backup
but i LOVE the hunting rifle. its ehh but headshots are good. i love it becuase you can feel it. you can feel the 'power' behind it when you get a point blank headshot which explodes half there body.

and when needs arise, the fatboy :) killed 7 super brutes with one shot with it :)

some of the 'Fallout purists' are just being way too judgmental though, they're ****ing all over this game basically because it isn't Fallout 1 or 2, I don't think anything could've been done with this game to appease those sort of people, I think it's super,

Yeah I agree with everything XD put a bunch of time into it so far, doing every side quest I can find.
Also agree that ammo is death.
And it sometimes takes me a logn time to find thigns too lol. Doing the quest where you're lookin for ian west, in that vampire cult. It took me hours to find it.
I went through the train station as my first guess too. All the way through, and out the other end, but I went left and exited the station, didn't check the right LoL. Then spent the ext couple hours walking all over the landscape and killing everything I saw.

Ran into some MEAN werewolf lookin things I don't think I was supposed to find yet. cant remember the name of em. Can take you out in like 4 hits, takes quite a few good shots to kill em too.

but yeah, I'm completely ignoring all those whining purists. nothin would ever be good enough.
it's the same situation with diablo 3. reading the forums get's me rippin, its exasperating.

i got it today im lovig it with ultra high 2xaa i neevr go below 60 unless im loadign a new area and i suspect its due to the 1gb of ram, i just made it to megaton town not sure what i really doing yet. if its anything like oblivion i wont know until about the third main mission.

I played it for like 10 or 20 minutes after getting out Vault 101... i kept dieing :(
And now i short circuited my entire PC so i have noway of playing it any further :(

I find the enemy really quite hard for the first 20 minute out of the vault.

yea it is hard i think im going to have to do some main quests before i go on to any sie quests i tried to go straight to side quests, and i dotn stand a chace against the enemy one of them almost kills me alone.

I swear I am the only person I know or have talked to who does not have any ammo issues (except for my Flamer). I always have more than enough bullets to take down everything I come across and more to spare.

i havent had ammo problems either im just getting my but kicked. oh well has anyone found where the family is i kat find the at all and i need to to complete my quest, if you have the quest you will know what the family is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom