My DX10 gripes

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
[RANT]

Well...I've been using DX10 on Vista x64 for quite a while now...long enough to actually have a firm opinion. That opinion is that DX10 and Vista are so bloated and overrated that it is absolutely rediculous! DX10 in games looks a LITTLE bit better than DX9, but you get all the other BS along with it. I'm talking crashes every time a game is played, incompatibilities across the board, lack of driver support for hardware, tons and tons of weird bugs, etc, etc...

I'm curious if anyone else is having issues like this. It would be great if someone would come up with a working hack for DX9 on XP! The marketing manipulation by M$ and company as well as Nvidia and everyone else that is "Vista Ready" makes me want to vomit...geez people, give us something worth our money!

[/RANT]

i've never had any crashes due to dx10 in games. nor have I run into many problems at all. in fact I enjoy dx10 much more than dx9.

in fact im still playing FFXI, a direct x 8 (yes, eight) game, on windows vista with dx10 card, no issues. It actually improves the look of the game through forced AA and AF XD

i had vista ultim 32 bit twice and switched to xp, then when i got my ultra i tried vista ult 64bit for about a month or lttle longer...
now ive been on xp since i got my new gts and i couldnt be happier.
xp is faster, more simple, and i dont have to worry about anything.
im not against vista, it just doesnt offer enough to me to go back even if the sp 1 fixes stuff.

I'm glad I haven't made the switch! I've heard the odd person here and there tell me that Vista works great if you know how to optimize it properly, but I refuse to believe that and still choose to work with XP. There doesn't seem to be any plus for me in switching. DX10 was the only thing I was considering making a switch for, but we've seen what happend with that.

I used Vista x86 for a while (not long enough to really test it out) and it seemed to be quite a bit more compatible, but I still had problems. My gripe isn't neccissarily with DX10 itself, but with the platform that is forcing upgrades and such...and it's not worth upgrading for. There are issues with DX10 iteself such as EAX effects on Soundblaster cards and memory usage, but it is something that I think would run great on XP and then people wouldn't have to be manhandled into upgrading for ****** software.

I used Vista x86 for a while (not long enough to really test it out) and it seemed to be quite a bit more compatible, but I still had problems. My gripe isn't neccissarily with DX10 itself, but with the platform that is forcing upgrades and such...and it's not worth upgrading for. There are issues with DX10 iteself such as EAX effects on Soundblaster cards and memory usage, but it is something that I think would run great on XP and then people wouldn't have to be manhandled into upgrading for ****** software.

go to xp, or xp 64 if you want and you wont regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom