My Command and Conquer Generals/Zero Hour is acting W E I R D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nechen

Baseband Member
Okay I was trying to save Hard Drive space about a month ago and uninstalled CnC Generals/Zero Hour. Got rid of all the registry values and removed it from the programs list no problem. My friend decides he wants to play it so I go to install it and everytime, right at 100% it says "Cannot read c:\temp\{4912-123a-something-something}\DatGen.exe" Now at first I just changed the name of the installation path and it worked fine, CnC runs fine, I go to login and the game cant connect to the servers, I install the patch and then the game keeps asking for the play disk (and I had it in my drive) and now I'm stuck. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Guess the generals conquered you. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist...

If this is the same machine you had it on before (as your message leads me to think) then it would appear you have some registry faults to sort out. The install is hitting something in your registry that's telling the application to look a certain place, and it's not there 'cause you blew it away.

If you installed to another directory and aren't running into the install problems anymore but connection problems, analyze your port settings. Try the game's website and forums.

You could also try doing a full uninstall of the game, then reinstalling.

lol thanks. I probabaly screwed up the registry, and it is I who shall conquer CnC!!!

similar problem

i have a problem similar to that you are having...
except i left the game uninstalled when i formated the OS partition... so when i got back i had to totally delete the directory

when i installed the game once again... i had a msg saying: "unable to launch %Documents and Settings\User%\Local Settings\Temp\{06F80017-8F98-4C94-B868-52358569FC32}\Datgen.exe"

so i had to remove all the registery concerning the C&C Generals and reinstall again... same problem; stops at 100%

there is nothing working so i have to delete the root directory of the game, as there is no uninstall!!

please if you can provide the datgen.exe... or any patch or info that could help to solve the problem... it would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom